High Engine Operating Temperature? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2013, 09:51 AM   #1

Default High Engine Operating Temperature?

I made a stop at a traffic light and when I noticed the temperature gauge was at max, then start and after three temperature streets returned to normal, the fan if it works and the coolant level is fine, please help , which can be?

this is what happened

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,115 Times in 1,576 Posts

Welcome to the forum...

If I were to guess, I'd say it's likely due to low coolant level in the system. First, check that your coolant recovery tank has the correct level of coolant in it. Second, remove the radiator cap (with the engine cold!) & check that the coolant level is full to the bottom edge of the radiator filler neck. The radiator is the highest point in the cooling system, so if there is an air pocket in the system it will be at the top of the radiator. If you don't find that the coolant is low, it's certainly a possibility that your coolant temp sensor is faulty.

Last edited by MotoMike; 06-12-2013 at 09:51 AM. Reason: correction
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 06-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #3

My guess is the fan isn't running.
Next time it overheats get out of the way, turn off the engine, and then turn the key back to the run position without starting the engine. You should hear the fan run in a short time, if not immediately.

IR
Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #4

The liquid level in the radiator was very low, is filled with liquid and everything is back to normal
Old 06-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #5

Today when i went to work one driver told me that the coolant is leaking, the temperature was observed in 3 bars and I 'pulled over the road, I noticed the temperature gauge was at max and turned off the bike, wait half hour and the temperature returned at 3 bar. Turn off the engine, and then turn the key back to the run position without starting the engine. The fan did not work. I do not hear the fan turn. I immediately went to the Honda workshop and they check the coolant there was nothing. Anyone know how to check in house that the system fan is OK?. No liquid leak coolant because I check every day that does not exist in the soil stains.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lar2009 View Post
Today when i went to work one driver told me that the coolant is leaking, the temperature was observed in 3 bars and I 'pulled over the road, I noticed the temperature gauge was at max and turned off the bike, wait half hour and the temperature returned at 3 bar. Turn off the engine, and then turn the key back to the run position without starting the engine. The fan did not work. I do not hear the fan turn. I immediately went to the Honda workshop and they check the coolant there was nothing. Anyone know how to check in house that the system fan is OK?. No liquid leak coolant because I check every day that does not exist in the soil stains.
checking fan by ride it for 5-10 mins. Stop, turn the bike off and turn the key to ignition, you should hear the fan working almost immediately. Do check your oil as it acts as coolant to the engine, too. Some says certain brands can make the engine go hotter than others (I'm not sure about this)
Old 06-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #7

The problem was solved by honda technician and was produced by cable break that sends the signal to the fan that goes along with another wire next to the air filter box, this group of wires stay trapped between the chassis and the damper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement