Battery dead - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2011, 08:56 PM   #1

Default Battery dead

Been riding the bike about every week. Got it out yesterday and battery was about dead. Headlight would barely start to glow. Key was not left on. I'm going to pull the seats off and charge it up. Anybody else had this problem??

Wick
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-22-2011, 09:19 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wick View Post
Been riding the bike about every week. Got it out yesterday and battery was about dead. Headlight would barely start to glow. Key was not left on. I'm going to pull the seats off and charge it up. Anybody else had this problem??

Wick
Your dealer may not have charged it up before turning it over to you. It's probably either a mistake, or dealer douchebaggery.
Old 08-22-2011, 10:26 PM   #3

Do you leave your killswitch on? The kill switch uses battery when it is not in the OFF position.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oNoBigDeal View Post
Do you leave your killswitch on? The kill switch uses battery when it is not in the OFF position.
Please explain.
My understanding is a switch in the closed position is no different than any other wire in a series; since the key switch is 'open' the circuit is open not drawing any power.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:00 AM   #5

the kill switch is for emergency shut off's only..I never turn mine off when I am done riding and my battery is charged up just fine..The kill switch should not use the tiniest watt of power when the keyed switch is in the off position, no more than the headlights or any thing else will to the best of my knowledge. Please feel free to prove me wrong if i am..

(I thought i was wrong once-but i was mistaken)
Old 08-23-2011, 01:30 PM   #6

I install a little battery tender plug on all my bikes and ATV's. On my CBR and VFR, I ran a extension up to the yoke and also use it for powering my GPS.

Odd that your battery was dead so soon, but I've got a couple bikes that the batteries didn't last for very long, and others that are still going. My 06 and 07 CBR/VFR are still on original batteries. My 06 F4i (sold) had to have a new battery after two years, it just flat out had a short of some sort in it after a period of time. It'd start like a new battery one time and be completely dead another, other times it caused the bike to run erratic. My 06 CRF250x is still on its original battery, and its a tiny little thing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement