Turn signals stopped working - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-11-2017, 09:58 PM Thread Starter

Turn signals stopped working

Hello everyone. I noticed that my turn signals are no longer working (all 4 blinkers). The front two stay lit all the time and the back ones never turn on. The other lights are working fine. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? There's been a lot of rain here the last few days, and I noticed that water is getting in under the passenger seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-12-2017, 02:58 AM

Garage
The relay might be fried, or the wiring to one of your blinkers (back ones) might be corroded or unplugged. Best bet is to trace wires and make sure they're all plugged in and free of water and corrosion. If they are then I'd check the bulbs themselves and then the relay. Seems more like a blown bulb, though.

Current rides:
2012 CBR250R ABS
2002 WRX

Awaiting registration:
2001 CBR600 F4i
post #3 of 7 Old 01-12-2017, 10:10 AM

I'd check the fuses as well.

Dry out anything that is wet. Sounds like something may be arcing or a relay or switch is wet.

post #4 of 7 Old 01-14-2017, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

I couldn't figure out where the relay for the turn signals are. I have the service manual but it wasn't clear. Anyone have a good photo of where it is?
post #5 of 7 Old 01-14-2017, 11:09 PM

If the front ones are on solid and this happened to all four suddenly, then your wires are likely fine. Sounds like either the switch on your handlebar or the relay is fried. I'd spray some contact cleaner on your switch first. I say this because in U.S. market bikes there isn't really a turn signal relay besides the position relay; the control of the turn signals is accomplished by a control box which is wired into the headlight. If it's an Aussie bike, the relay does exist and is under the front cowl on the left side by the instrument cluster. Both side fairings and the headlight have to be dropped to get to it.

This is a video for an LED flasher relay install on the 300; https://youtu.be/jkvNrPfqheo?t=7m31s. Not sure if it's the same on our bikes.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.

Last edited by cbrlocal; 01-14-2017 at 11:18 PM.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-17-2017, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

I opened up the housing for the switches on the handlebar and poked around a little in there. I saw some corrosion on the headlight switch that flaked off when I flipped the switch a few times. I tried the same thing on the turn signal switch, and it seems to be working now. I'm surprised there isn't better waterproofing on the controls.

While I was looking into the relay I found this video for our bikes. Looks like it's different from the 300. https://youtu.be/Ke16R43pzG8?t=89
post #7 of 7 Old 01-17-2017, 01:14 AM

I think the Aussie and Indian bikes have that relay. Not sure if U.S bikes do or not; haven't poked at it too much in there.

Tis better to be thought a fool and remain silent, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page