Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Turn signals stopped working

7K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cbrlocal 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I noticed that my turn signals are no longer working (all 4 blinkers). The front two stay lit all the time and the back ones never turn on. The other lights are working fine. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this? There's been a lot of rain here the last few days, and I noticed that water is getting in under the passenger seat.

#2 ·
The relay might be fried, or the wiring to one of your blinkers (back ones) might be corroded or unplugged. Best bet is to trace wires and make sure they're all plugged in and free of water and corrosion. If they are then I'd check the bulbs themselves and then the relay. Seems more like a blown bulb, though.

#5 · (Edited)
If the front ones are on solid and this happened to all four suddenly, then your wires are likely fine. Sounds like either the switch on your handlebar or the relay is fried. I'd spray some contact cleaner on your switch first. I say this because in U.S. market bikes there isn't really a turn signal relay besides the position relay; the control of the turn signals is accomplished by a control box which is wired into the headlight. If it's an Aussie bike, the relay does exist and is under the front cowl on the left side by the instrument cluster. Both side fairings and the headlight have to be dropped to get to it.

This is a video for an LED flasher relay install on the 300; https://youtu.be/jkvNrPfqheo?t=7m31s. Not sure if it's the same on our bikes.

#6 ·
I opened up the housing for the switches on the handlebar and poked around a little in there. I saw some corrosion on the headlight switch that flaked off when I flipped the switch a few times. I tried the same thing on the turn signal switch, and it seems to be working now. I'm surprised there isn't better waterproofing on the controls.

While I was looking into the relay I found this video for our bikes. Looks like it's different from the 300. https://youtu.be/Ke16R43pzG8?t=89

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.