Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

CBR 250 smoking front end

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  cbrlocal 
#1 ·
I have been riding my 2012 CBR 250 all summer and fall until it got to about 40 degrees outside. I have bought some winter riding gear and went for a small ride her and there. Today I got a new jacket so I suited up and went for a ride.

My bike had been sitting for a couple of weeks in my cold garage and it's gone from 20-55 over that time. Today it was about 40 out today. I went for my ride and when I got back I noticed grey smoke coming from the radiator area.

The smoke was grey coming from around the radiator and initially it smelled like an electric fire yet the smoke lost its smell and still seemed to slowly raise from the handle bar area. I looked around and couldn't see any oil dripping. The bike didn't seem any different besides the smoke.

What gives? Could I fix this myself?

#4 ·
I'm going to look into coolant and keep an eye on the radiator.

I took it for a trip today going back forth back to my house for about an hour total of ride time. I don't know what's up but it didn't smoke at all during this ride. Yesterdays ride was about 30 minutes.

#5 ·
Could just be some crap that's been thrown up or fell on the exhaust header. Mine does it from time to time if I ride after a rainstorm and hit a puddle with smelly crap in it. Could be that you've burned off whatever was on the pipe after your long ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.