Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Melting stuff on the engine???

4K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Tom Raider 
#1 ·
So sorry I don't know how to put this, but it seems like this part of my bike had been too hot or things...plz look at the picture and tell me it's OK :confused:

See less See more
#4 ·
That looks pretty strange... I'd find yourself a large washer which fits the slot in the cap, and use an adjustable wrench on the washer to loosen and remove the cap, so that you can check the condition of the cap o-ring. Not sure what that corrosion is about, though.

#7 ·
This is the crankcase access port (you open it to put a socket in and turn the crank to check the valve adjustment, etc.). I open it with a silver dollar. Clean everything up and grease the o-ring with dielectric grease before re-installing the port cover. Hopefully that will be all that you need to do.

Reactions: Tom Raider
#11 ·
Thank you all for your replies. Been really busy with projects and stuff so forgot to update the case. So I washed it last Saturday, and this is what happened

after washing the finish just felt off !!!

The bike still ride ok and that's is getting weirder :-s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.