Battery dead? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #1

Default Battery dead?

Hi all. Yesterday I went to start my 12 cbr and the lights came on. When I tried to start the engine the bike died.. turned ignition off then on and the lights didn't come on. Nothing. I Did a rolling start and the bike started so I drove for a while, took it home n turned off. Then re checked a couple times last night and it started fine. But this morning it wouldn't start again, no lights, nothing. Is this just a flat battery or could it b something else? Thanks in advance
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #2

flat battery i went through the same thing with my trx 700xx my opinion get a gel battery there great and you dont have to service them
Old 11-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,043 Times in 1,542 Posts

Do you have any kind of accessory wired into the electrical system that could be drawing down the battery?
If you haven't done so already, check the screws securing the battery cables for tightness. If you have a 12 volt, 1 amp charger try charging it. You can also take the battery to a shop and have it load tested.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
mattcbr250 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #4

Pick up a Battery Tender Jr. and keep it hooked up to the battery when the bike is not being ridden. They're like $20.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrueFaith For This Useful Post:
pooder7 (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 09:24 PM   #5

How long have you had the bike? My '12 shipped with a bad battery, it was dead after one week. I replaced it with an after-market battery from the 'net and it's been great ever since.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
Pick up a Battery Tender Jr. and keep it hooked up to the battery when the bike is not being ridden. They're like $20.
I will second the Battery Tender idea; I have two of them, a Jr for my tractor in the shed and a regular one that gets rotated from motorcycle to motorcycle to a spare battery I keep in the shop. They are great for keeping batteries topped off, especially during the winter storage months....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement