Fuel gauge - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_Dave View Post
Ditto: worst tank 3.7L/100km. WOT off from every lights, change gears at 9k+ all the way through to 80kph when possible. Although I am light (<~65kg) and I do cruise at 5-6k in the burbs as well (once Im up to that speed as fast as possible). Hehe 4.5L/100km...no idea how where I ride .
yep, exactly the same. As quick as possible from the lights, especially since i filter as well and also changing gears high in the rpm's and i also cruise at 5k minimum which is 50kph in 3rd and 60kph in 4th. I'm also virtually the exact same weight haha, maybe a touch lighter. We seem to ride the exact same lol

my last tank i got my highest reading being approximately 315k's and virtually every time i go for a ride i head to norton summit in the hills right near my house and push the cbr really hard and i still manage to get this amount of k's, it's great

too hot to ride today though, or maybe i'm just a p u s s y like Aufitt said

- Black Adjustable Levers
- HRC Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Hotbodies FE Kit
- 16,000km's in 12 months

2011 GSX-R600 Black
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to lewiCBR250R For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (12-11-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 07:35 PM   #22

Default full Fuel Gauge dont works

Hello to all,
Last week, I bought my first bike a new CBR250R 2012 Blue. Today fueling my second fuel tank and noticed that the meter does not mark full, always missing a slash, even after having run 9km. Is this normal? anyone had this problem? Is there a solution or I will have to go on assistance.

Thank you for your attention.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #23

Garage

It is normal if you fill it over the cup the 6th bar will show up, but will go away within 5 to ten miles. The 4th bar last the longest and when mine 1st bar starts blinking I still have a little over a gallon left. The gas gauge is retarded!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 09-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #24

Then, this is the problem. Never indicates that you are full. Always missing 1 bar, even ending supply of and seeing that this stuffy gasoline. After fueling, I wait 1 minute, with the bike vertical but does not appear the last bar. In some hypotheses appears.
Old 09-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #25
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,083 Times in 1,554 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsharp View Post
It is normal if you fill it over the cup the 6th bar will show up, but will go away within 5 to ten miles. The 4th bar last the longest and when mine 1st bar starts blinking I still have a little over a gallon left. The gas gauge is retarded!
When the last bar starts blinking, it doesn't mean that you are about to run out of fuel... I've often ridden another 40 miles after the last bar started to blink before refueling, which still leaves about a half gallon of fuel remaining in the tank. The fuel gauge was intentionally designed this way, to ensure that there is enough fuel remaining in the bottom of the tank to keep the fuel pump submerged and within its operating temp.

The fuel gauge isn't "retarded"... it works just as it was designed to. No one would want a fuel gauge that starts blinking 10 or 20 miles before the tank runs dry, would they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuelaAM View Post
Then, this is the problem. Never indicates that you are full. Always missing 1 bar, even ending supply of and seeing that this stuffy gasoline. After fueling, I wait 1 minute, with the bike vertical but does not appear the last bar. In some hypotheses appears.
I don't understand these parts of your post.

To see the sixth bar on the fuel gauge you need to fill the tank completely, with fuel over the top of the baffle plate. I fill my bike to within a half inch of the top of the gas cap flange. Even then the sixth bar only lasts about 20 miles before it disappears.

It seems that a lot of new motorcycle owners fail to consider that the fuel tank is egg shaped, and therefore the fuel gauge is not going to be linear. In other words, the fifth and sixth bars on the fuel gauge represent the relatively small volume of fuel at the top of the tank. If the tank were a square or rectangular shape, the gauge readout would be linear and consistent as the fuel is used.
Old 09-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #26

I'll try to explain ... It's time to go refuel, arriving at the station fuel, refuel the tank at the maximum, in the same level of the baffle plate (attached). My bike is always in vertical and wait a few seconds until paid with my card. During this time, the sixth bar never appears. Even after a ride on the bike.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp imagem.bmp (243.1 KB, 37 views)
Old 09-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #27

@ZuelaAM

As far as I know, Fuel guage gets its input from the "float" in the tank.
That float is a mechanical device, which goes up or down depending on amount of fuel. So errors are possible. One way of testing it is filling it to the absolute top, as soon as the float goes to its top position, you should see 6 bars. If you dont see 6 bars then there is a chance its a mechanical error i.e. float is not going to its top most position for some reason. Something is stopping it, it is bent or is not mounted "perfectly".

Other offending part might be the electronic side of float assembly. There are ways of checking if it is working properly, but let the service center people do that.

When you turn your key to "On" position. Do you see 6 bars on fuel guage, when the system does its self-checking for few seconds?

Last edited by CBR Nomad; 09-26-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:15 PM   #28

In order to see six bars for any length of time, you must right the bike fully by taking it off the kickstand and holding it straight up while filling to get the most possible amount of gas in there. What is marked in the picture is not completely full. You have to get it to the point where it's nearly coming out of the top of the tank plate to see the sixth bar. Even then sometimes I don't see it.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:03 PM   #29

Just pretend there are 5 bars. ;-)
Old 10-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #30

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Juzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
When trip meter says 0 = good to go

when trip meter says 200km = time to look for servo
when trip meter says 241km = time to push.
Opposite for me.

When trip meter is ~270km-280km, last bar starts to flash. When trip meter says 300km-350km, I usually refuel. :-)

Can check it out on my Fuelly.

Mods: blacked out screen, hotbodies indicators, LED indicators, front preload, musarri zorst,
red adjustable levers, throttle zip tie mod
Feb, 2014 Photo of the month winner

Last edited by Juzman; 10-09-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement