Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Instrument Panel Blue Back Light Off

18K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  rayman27 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Ladies & Gentles,
Im encounter my cbr250r 2011 Nov instrument panel blue back light off (engine heat side) since last week. Now only the fuel level side light on.

It is somebody face same issue & how the solution?:confused:

#7 · (Edited)
Meter modified. I placed white LED stripe behind the LCD display.
Now my blue color backlight brighter, very satisfied.
The backlight plastic sheet is blue color, so if u want purple look u can put red LED stripe.

Attached pic shown 3/4 from right brighter bcoz my LED stripe too short & 1/4 from left is original color.
Seem the selected LED stripe not suitable, will find the better later.

Attachments

#14 ·
Solution!

Guys, ive encountered same problem as you all.
my Blue back light flickers and sometimes it shut off completely. ive checked to my local technician they say it doesnt appear to have any problem. it fixed for awhile until it turns back on me.

so just now after i washed the bike myself i try to give pressure to some rubber parts riget bellow the back light(note that i didnt take off any fairring i just put my hand in and give pressure to some part while i turn on the bike.) . so in the end i my conclusion was the blue back lid cable was loose for some reasson, you guys should try this out!
put your hands in bellow the speedometer youll find some tight rubberry thing, press it while turning the lights on so you adjust the cable. or dissamble it completely to re adjust the loose cable approphiately.

#17 ·
Guys, ive encountered same problem as you all.
my Blue back light flickers and sometimes it shut off completely. ive checked to my local technician they say it doesnt appear to have any problem. it fixed for awhile until it turns back on me.

so just now after i washed the bike myself i try to give pressure to some rubber parts riget bellow the back light(note that i didnt take off any fairring i just put my hand in and give pressure to some part while i turn on the bike.) . so in the end i my conclusion was the blue back lid cable was loose for some reasson, you guys should try this out!
put your hands in bellow the speedometer youll find some tight rubberry thing, press it while turning the lights on so you adjust the cable. or dissamble it completely to re adjust the loose cable approphiately.
Thanks for your ideas. I think the dashboard has a total of 3 of those blue backlights. My bike is just over 2 years old and all 3 of my blue dashboard lights are flickering on and off when I drive. They seem to only flicker one at a time, but are always changing. I will try what you suggested. Good advice. Thanks.

#19 ·
The LED Backlit

Hey Guys, After a few month using my own suggestion. my LED died for good eventually. The only way i fix it, is to bring the speedometer to an electrical work shop or take the speedo circuit to some one understands curcuits(so you need to un assemble the speedo from the bike first). so they say i need to change the LED in the circuit. by then you are pick the led colour as well.
it needs more effort than i thought, just becarefull not to brake it guys.
Thank you for you attention!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.