DIY Oil Change - Page 26 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #251

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by etiainen View Post
Yes it easily killed the battery in that much time. The headlight is on when the key is in the 'ON' position.
Haha yup, that was it. Just me tripping out thanks for your DIY, saved me $100 and gave me some xp!

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/efutak/cbr250r
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #252

Default Got'r done! Thanks!

Thanks for the guide man!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20121021_201304.jpg (142.2 KB, 55 views)

SOLD-'12 Honda CBR 250 Tri-Color
Akrapovic Carbon Fiber Exhaust
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-22-2012, 12:30 AM   #253

Thanked 2,599 Times in 1,175 Posts

Its good practice to remove the key and put it in the tail lock whenever you do any work on your motorcycle.

Someone could bump the starter button and start it without oil.
Being a Honda, she'd probably run for ten minutes and still keep going.
Old 11-03-2012, 07:14 PM   #254

i cant see this pics the OP posted??? ive tried on both fire fox and internet explorer, nada. any suggestions so i can see the action?

Stock Black Honda Cbr250r
- 100/55 headlight
Old 11-03-2012, 08:28 PM   #255

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
i cant see this pics the OP posted??? ive tried on both fire fox and internet explorer, nada. any suggestions so i can see the action?
Clear your cookies and make sure they are enabled then try again. I'm using an android tablet and don't have any issues seeing them.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:43 PM   #256

ive got em now :P hehe i dont know what the issue was, i just left and came baack and poof, dirty, oily pics everywhere great tutorial OP!

Stock Black Honda Cbr250r
- 100/55 headlight
Old 11-05-2012, 06:28 PM   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
quick question -- the oil drain bolt is 12mm, but do you know the pitch? I'd like to put one of these on if it would work, as it has been extremely helpful on the car:

FUMOTO ENGINEERING: Engine Oil Drain Valve

To me, it looks like some other bits hang lower than the bolt, so clearance might not be an issue.
Did you ever get the Fumoto valve? If so, how do you like it?
Old 11-06-2012, 05:44 PM   #258

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeltwayBandit View Post
Did you ever get the Fumoto valve? If so, how do you like it?
I actually just ordered it a week ago and I'm waiting for it to come. Put it off as the first service was done by the dealer, and I likely won't be doing the old on the bike now until it comes out again in spring. If you do buy, the place i got mine before was quickoildrainvalve, although this time I bought from a Canadian vendor as I figured it might be cheaper for me. Also as previously posted it is the F-109 you are after (not the N, as the nipple would stick down), and it is listed as a 'BMW' part, as most sites list application by car only (and BMWs seem to use the 12x1.5 design).

I should add though I've had on on the car (2006 Honda Accord V6) for years, and love it as it makes changing the oil so much easier. Plus zero chance of damaging the threads when doing a change, as you only ever have to screw the valve in once.

Bike: 2014 Honda CBR650F (Silver)
Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver) - Sold @ 12,734KM (gone but not forgotten)

Last edited by Conundrum; 11-06-2012 at 05:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Conundrum For This Useful Post:
BeltwayBandit (11-07-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #259

Thanks for this thread! Just did my first oil change and everything went great. The drain bolt was a bit of a pain to get loose but I got it after a bit.

The only issue I had was that some of the oil dripped onto my exhaust pipe when I removed the oil filter. I wiped the oil off the pipe. But after starting up the bike, smoke was coming out from where the oil was on the exterior of the pipe. Just the oil burning off I suppose. But is there a way to safely clean off the oil that dripped? Just a regular rag didn't work too well. Or should I just let it burn off?

Thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 AM   #260

Garage

At work we use brake cleaner to get the oil off but the oil you dripped will just burn off anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement