Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Effective Tree Sap Removal

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  RoadSurgeon 
#1 ·
Recently purchased my 250 from an independent seller. All of the upward facing surfaces were covered in what I could best figure was little particles of tree sap, likely from a pine tree. You couldn't see any of the residue, but you could sure feel it. I tried Honda polish, WD-40 and even bug and tar remover, but nothing came close to removing it. Then a friend suggested using a Mother's Clay Bar. Within just a few swipes the sap was completely gone! Also, because the clay is formable, I was able to reach into some of the tight places in the fairings without having to take anything apart. The kit was $20 USD but comes with enough clay and lubricant to go over the entire bike a dozen times. I would recommend this for removing any kind of sticky residue.

#8 ·
A few days after using the clay bar, I notices some speckles of the same consistency on the glass my mirrors. This time I could quite clearly see that it was bright green paint. This isn't surprising considering the seller kept the bike in his workshop/garage. I used the clay bar again on the mirror and it worked like a charm. I can't quite figure out why I couldn't see the bright green paint clearly on the painted surfaces though.. Perhaps they are from separate incidents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.