Pirelli Diablo Rosso 2 - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 03:13 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mujtaba kamal View Post
Can u plz post a pic.
No idea how to do that. Completely incompetent at interwebs. Try google though plenty of pictures of them.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2012, 07:47 AM   #22

Sorry rego predictive text on phone. . If I was keeping mine I would love to put some sticky tyres on would be so different and a lot more confidence starting to get a bit sketchy now. I've just put mine on bike sales so will have to get a cheap back tyre for rw. U still keen on a Daytona I can't wait for bigger bike now.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-29-2012, 03:58 PM   #23

will be looking for new tires if/when i keep the CBR for another season. Now that the Ninja 300 has 140 same as us hopefully there be more choice. Never tried Pirelli but have had good results with Michelin.
What i would like to see is how the Rosso 2 perform in cooler climates. I will not ride in the rain if i can help it. (didnt mind on scooters but do not want to get CBR dirty )
Rain especially this time of year is not fun around here. 10c pouring rain. soggy wet slippery leaves everywhere. no fun.

I have found that stock tires do not work so well at temps of 10c especially when u add in wet cold streets. So i need a tire that works well in temps ranging from 10c in fall/winter/spring and 30c+ in summer. Naturally the sticky tire will not last as long as the IRC but i do not mind changing every season if they...how did it go, stick like sh!t on a blanket
Old 10-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #24

The IRC suck big time once the temps are in the 50s. Its like another tire was put on and not a good one, cant wait till they wear and hello Pirelli Sport Demon.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:44 PM   #25

Location: Essex UK (The driest part of the UK...but everything is relative!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Get_It! View Post
awesome i just ordered the pirelli diablo rosso for my back tire ::thumbs up:: i wonder how the life span is on those compared to the IRCs ? I just replaced the IRCs at 11,050 miles.
Hi, am interested in the bike after that decent mileage you have done! How are you getting on with exhaust valve clearances? Also, the cutting-out problem? Am thinking that the cutting-out problem might disappear after the bike gets some miles put on it. It's my daughter's bike, and I can't get the bike to cut out, even when I replicate the circumstances.
Thanks!
BMWR1200RT, Kawa ER6n (Ninja lol!), Guzzi V7c and the CBR250R belongs to my daughter.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:57 PM   #26

Location: Essex UK (The driest part of the UK...but everything is relative!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acura9927 View Post
The IRC suck big time once the temps are in the 50s. Its like another tire was put on and not a good one, cant wait till they wear and hello Pirelli Sport Demon.
Hi, I've got the Pirelli Sport Demons on my Guzzi, and they were a massive improvement on the original Metzelers.
I'll probably go for Pirelli Diablo Rosso IIs on the CBR250 because that's the official tyre of the new Canadian CBR250R cup series! I'll check around and do a bit of research to see what sort of mileages they give first though.
I'm also tempted by the "Michelin Pilot Activ" although these are pretty hard to find at the moment here in the UK.
I see elsewhere on this forum that some owners fit oversized Michelin Pilot Road 2s. It's a great tyre, that I've used before on other bikes, but on this bike it could invalidate your insurance.
BMWR1200RT, Kawa ER6n (Ninja lol!), Guzzi V7c and the CBR250R belongs to my daughter.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlurredMirrors View Post
Hi, am interested in the bike after that decent mileage you have done! How are you getting on with exhaust valve clearances? Also, the cutting-out problem? Am thinking that the cutting-out problem might disappear after the bike gets some miles put on it. It's my daughter's bike, and I can't get the bike to cut out, even when I replicate the circumstances.
Thanks!
Hi ! I havent had any issues with my bike, never ran into that stalling-while-downshifting problem. Exhaust valve clearances ? I havent done anything to the exhaust except replace the stock exhaust with the yosh slip on. no problems with anything. Currently i have around 15,000 miles on it, bought it brand new Dec 2011
The Following User Says Thank You to Get_It! For This Useful Post:
BlurredMirrors (11-11-2012)
Old 11-05-2012, 08:54 PM   #28

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by acura9927 View Post

WOW this one hit home. I have over 5000 miles on my original tires and continue to ride in temps in the 35-40 degree F range. I've noticed a definite difference in the handling and stiffness of the tires on my commute. Lots more jump and bump for lack of a better term. cold worn rubber ugh
Old 12-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by katedwolf View Post
WOW this one hit home. I have over 5000 miles on my original tires and continue to ride in temps in the 35-40 degree F range. I've noticed a definite difference in the handling and stiffness of the tires on my commute. Lots more jump and bump for lack of a better term. cold worn rubber ugh
Maintain the standard air pressure in your tires before starting a ride, that should solve.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement