Ony 2 questions!! - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,115 Times in 1,576 Posts

Honda maybe just figures people won't be randomly doing oil changes, drive chain adjustments, or other routine maintenance by the side of the road. EFI has done away with the possibility of a lot of roadside repairs... it's not like the old days of taking apart a carb to to unplug a pilot jet.

I've never used any of the crappy "made in Bangladesh" tools supplied with Japanese bikes to do maintenance work in the shop... I've got quality tools to use for that. For "on the bike" tool kits, I've always just put together my own sets.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #12

After the oil has mostly drained while on the side stand, hold the bike upright and wiggle it a bit to get the last of the oil out, then proceed...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to EmptySet For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (12-06-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 08:37 AM   #13

Today I tried to change the engine oil and filter too. but the funny thing is I just couldn't find the tool to loose the under cowl!! I have these tools got with my bike..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-12-06 18.56.00.jpg (215.2 KB, 26 views)
Old 12-06-2012, 09:12 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofun View Post
Today I tried to change the engine oil and filter too. but the funny thing is I just couldn't find the tool to loose the under cowl!! I have these tools got with my bike..
No 5MM hex key?!!? You been ROBBED! Tha's the one tool that does almost EVERYTHING, and it's the ONLY tool that came with my CBR250R . . . .
Old 12-06-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,115 Times in 1,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofun View Post
Doesn't look like you got the spark plug socket either?
Old 12-07-2012, 12:12 AM   #16

Or the fuel injector eliminator?
Old 12-07-2012, 01:02 PM   #17

1 of my frn got a tricolour cbr and he has also these tools only. maybe these r the only tools provide in India.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooder7 View Post
You got toolS with yours? Mine came with a 5mm hex key -- tha's ALL.

I have since added enough to do an oil change, and I'll be adding more as I do other routine chores; I've done routine tasks with the tool kit that came with each motorcycle I've owned, adding tools as needed, and it results in a pretty good set of tools to have along if something goes bad on the road . . . .
I'll have to check, but I'm pretty sure I got one of those flat stamped-steel wrenches too.
You know, the kind you get when you buy Danish furniture that you have to assemble yourself? The kind you throw out right after you're done? LOL.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #19

can any 1 plz give me online store link where i can buy that missing tool for engine oil change?? ebay link plz
Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM   #20

Thanked 1,488 Times in 761 Posts

The tool kit with this bike (as with most bikes) is low quality rubbish. You're much better off going out and buying your own decent quality tools.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wynne G Oldman For This Useful Post:
jsonder (12-08-2012), MotoMike (12-09-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement