Racing on the 250 - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2012, 09:55 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenAlonzo View Post
Glad only you're ok after this, but man that seems like fun. I live in BF Texas and no track days like that in down here. Thank you for the uploads.

P.S. If it's any consolation, I was rootin' for ye!
There is a large group that races 250's in TX with some other org...cmra or something. Can't think of it of hand but they run sprints and endurance on the lil bikes. But TX is so big, it might still not be anywhere close to ya...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
You are a big boy Nikk and work that lil 250 hard.
with our lil cbr being so ******************** breathless there is no option but to belt it into corners so fast , if ya lose 1mph on the way in in equals 10mph lost on the way out.

Love it!
Yep, kinda like a fat guy in a lil coat... I sometimes feel like a monkey humping a football but it's a still a blast. I'm 6'1", 235lbs without gear so trusting those lil bitty tires to hold my big butt up was the biggest challenge starting out. And I absolutely have to roll through the corner as fast as possible because there is no acceleration really...it just kinda gathers momentum....slowly. I've looked at my gps data and my corner speed is a much or more on the lil bike as it is on my 1000!
Quote:
Originally Posted by molgam View Post
Are you running those Leo Vince GP Corsa with DB killer or not?
Yes and no. GP Corsa SS but no DB killer. I'm on the track so loud doesn't matter except to allow more HP... I don't think I could handle riding it without the DB killer though on the street to be honest. Great lil exhaust. One tuner told me he got the most HP from the Leo but because of sponsorship had to run another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRook View Post
Very cool, you had my vote watching the first vid... C'mon git em! GET EM @ 14.30 mins in.

Great share.
Thank you sir! I tried! You sometimes feel like the lil engine that could with the way it gains speed so slowly... A huge departure from the big bikes! But the corners are where all the fun is anyways!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 06:59 PM   #12

Great video, my son just took his RS125 to Barber. Hoping to get his CBR out there soon.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 03-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #13

Garage

Looks like you have a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing!!
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #14

Sweet pics and videos! I'm thinking about some track time myself but I've only been to Jennings when it comes to riding. I watched a race at Barber last year and mostly do kart track stuff but I would like to check out some new romping grounds.

Do you have any performance mods? I am interested in a CBR for the cost and comfort mostly. If any mods, I would do suspension and maybe eventually an exhaust/programmer. I'm curious how the bike is stock in the track environment.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #15

My mods aside from race prep are suspension front and rear, exhaust, bazaaz, dunlop race tires, and braided front brake line. The bike was a ball to ride down at Jennings. I might know of a track ready cbr when you decide to buy one...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement