Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Filtering (Lane Splitting) On The M60 At Dusk

5K views 37 replies 10 participants last post by  lewiCBR250R 
#1 ·
This is one of the main reasons that I commute on my bike. Imagine being stuck in a car in this lot. :eek:

#2 ·
very safe and sensible filtering Wynne. I've seen heaps of videos of lane splitting in the UK and it seems that the drivers are very accepting of the practice and it seems to work well over there :)

The sound of the bike is also really cool. It sounds deeper than usual on the GoPro in this video, i like it ;)

#3 · (Edited)
Ha ha, thanks. It doesn't sound like that to me when I'm riding it. It's a bit quieter than that. I think it must be where it's mounted. I've got it mounted on a suction mount on the tank. I think the microphone must be picking up noise thats being channeled to it by the fairings. Also, I can't hear the engine as much, because of the wind noise around my helmet. The camera is shielded from the wind by the screen. I mounted my GoPro on my helmet this week, and couldn't hear the bike at all on the video. :D

#4 ·
Yeah that sounds pretty bassy haha, I don't suction-cup mine to the tank anymore as I'm fearful I'll try to tuck in and break it.

Couldn't really tell if your lanes are wider than the ones down here in South Australia, but I generally try to limit my lane splitting to stationary vehicles at long red lights. That and most vehicles pick any part of their lane (and sometimes the lanes next to them) to position their car, so it can be hard to split/filter safely :p

Reactions: lewiCBR250R
#5 ·
This is one of the main reasons that I commute on my bike. Imagine being stuck in a car in this lot. :eek:

Honda CBR250R. Filtering (Lane Splitting) On The M60 At Dusk - YouTube
wiat a second ... :confused: ... WTF !? ... didn't you call ME an A-hole for "filtering" !?

guess when you do it , is ok :rolleyes:

how do you spell hypocrite ?... W-Y-N-N-E ...pocrite ;)

you picked a great time of the day for splitting lanes :rolleyes: DUSK !? ... what's next ? filtering at dawn :eek: :D:D

splitting lanes is illegal here ... should i bash the UK for allowing this !? ... no , because is not my concern ;)

just be careful out there Wynne , don't want to hear from you getting hurt

BTW - there is nothing safe about "filtering" ....aka splitting lanes

#8 ·
this is one of the positives of the single track vehicle,
narrow imprint with good manoeuvrability, for which
we pay in vulnerability to contact and weather etc..
i prefer to 'change lanes' when possible while moving,
+ filtering when they stop or slow right down..
so on that four lane track all four would be mine..
esp semis which are sort of 'landmarks' in the flow
to be spotted early then positioned to pass
within a full lane if possible..

when theyre slowed or stopped my habit is to let
my peripheral vision take in their front wheels,
which will be the first thing to move before
they change lanes into you or move over
to cut you off, which some will do occasionally
no doubt filthy on me passing bye while
they stew away in their comfortable boxes..

sometimes on long weekends etc heading out of
sydney or on the return there can be mile after
mile of boxes stacked virtually motionless,
while we simply ease past all of them..

also good reflex and traffic awareness training..

#15 ·
I called you an asshole for condoning illegal and dangerous riding on a public highway, and insulting half of the planet. ;)
no silly ^ that's just the excuse for calling me an A-hole...

... the real reason you call me a A-hole is because you're jealous.

is ok Wynne , is still love'ya ..............

.....NOT !!!! .........................GET SOME BABY !!!

BTW-"filtering" as you so eloquently called lane splitting is illegal and very dangerous around here but you don't read me calling you an A-hole ...

.... but we know who the real a$$hole is in this cool post ;)

as for "insulting half the world"....nah , just any loser who feels insulted by the words i type on my keyboard , half a world away .... dam inbreeds (don't worry we have the best of those here too) :eek:

now im going to watch your video again because i need to wake up early so i have to go to sleep right away .....your clips are better than NyQuil :)

Thanks Wynne :rolleyes:

#13 ·
Look SS, I know we don't get on that well, but even so, I really wouldn't want to see you come to any harm. I believe that the reason that we don't get on, is because I have in the past, tried to point out to you that the way you ride on the road is probably going to get you killed. I think you took this as an insult to your riding ability, and perhaps I could have worded my concerns better. I shall try and start again, as politely as I can. In this vid of yours, you take way too many risks, and I think that you are a danger to yourself, and others on the road. It just takes one of these cars to change lane without indicating, and that will probably be you either dead, or severely injured, and could cause a multiple pile up. I am not saying this because I don't get on with you, I am saying this because I am concerned for your safety, and the safety of others on the roads that you ride on. This will be my last attempt to save you from yourself. I really do hope that you see the light. Good luck.

#18 ·
This will be my last attempt to save you from yourself. I really do hope that you see the light. Good luck.
^ isn't this you last , last attempt !? :confused::confused:

I believe that the reason that we don't get on, is because I have in the past, tried to point out to you that the way you ride on the road is probably going to get you killed. I think you took this as an insult to your riding ability, and perhaps I could have worded my concerns better.
the reason we "don't get on" , for me , is because you are a hypocrite that insults me and is alway takling cRap about the United States like is the United Kingdom .... is not !!

you don't like the United States because is a gun-crazy-zombie-infested-hell-hole ..... stay out !!!

post some dirt about your own dam country .... God knows there is plenty of it ;)

In this vid of yours, you take way too many risks, and I think that you are a danger to yourself, and others on the road. It just takes one of these cars to change lane without indicating, and that will probably be you either dead, or severely injured, and could cause a multiple pile up.
man ,what a hypocrite !! ^ this is comming from someone who filters at dusk in rush hour traffic .... HELLO MCFLY !?
when you filter , "It just takes one of these cars to change lane without indicating, and that will probably be you either dead , or severely injured" ... well no sh*t Sherlock :confused:

BTW-if im "dead" or "injured " what the cRap do i care if there is a pile up !?

Look SS, I know we don't get on that well, but even so, I really wouldn't want to see you come to any harm.
every time one of these jelous Xpurts starts off like this before trying to give me advise and criticize my riding skillz ... i know is the complete opposite

:D:D:D:D

I miss Badger :(

#22 ·
another insurance guy !?

seriously , are you guy getting recycled or something !?

wait , the child , who little snipe !? .... if i had good life insurance so little snipe can get paid if i die ... he would take me out in a heart beat ... little Bboy :mad:

:mad: get paid if i die :rolleyes:
don't think money will matter to him or me if im not there to be a positive role-model for him ;)

BTW- i'am that little guy on my avatar pic :cool:

...Mr. Premium Member :D:D:D

#29 ·
i

I want SS to teach me how to wheelie but not in bare arms.....I'll wear my jacket tee hee. (My lame attempt at comedy relief.....and I'm aware I have no future at Stand Up)

Reactions: Jme250RA
#37 ·
mate, why stop there [!]

any single lane road would be motorcycle only..
only those who completed motorcycle training and testing
and x mileage riding a motorcycle would be eligible
for training and testing for a car license..
any passing stringent motorcycle riding tests
would be allowed to drive in the car lane only..
all riders and drivers to wear safety helmets..

that would do for the first 5 minutes as el supremo..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.