Wisemans Ferry Ride - EOI - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #1

Default Wisemans Ferry Ride - EOI

Hi All,
Have had a lot of requests for a Wisemans Ferry ride. So...

Gosford NSW to Gosford NSW - Google Maps

Meet at the BP at Asquith then a blast down Galston Gorge. If anybody isn't comfortable with Galston Gorge, we can meet at Galston as you can get there via New Line Rd/Galston Rd from West Pennant Hills.

Head up to Wisemans Ferry for lunch at the cafe or the pub. Then cross on the ferry and ride back via Spencer to Somersby. I'll have to leave at this point, but will see the rest of you off down the Old Pacific Hwy.

I haven't set a date for this yet, but it almost certainly won't be before the end of the year. We are moving into our new home around the middle of November and it will take a while to get settled.

Would aim to be in Wisemans around 1200-1300 so Asquith about 1000-1030 (Galston 1030-1100). Riding time would be around 3 hours 45 minutes.

Just looking for "expressions of interest" or other suggestions for routes / stop off points at this point in time. I'm thinking early-mid January at the moment. This will be one of the longest rides I've done, and I'm not sure how my butt would handle this...

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/mrshadow/cbr250r (Fuel Mileage)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrShadow For This Useful Post:
ozbenno (11-03-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #2

Count me in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShadow View Post

I haven't set a date for this yet, but it almost certainly won't be before the end of the year. We are moving into our new home around the middle of November and it will take a while to get settled.

Would aim to be in Wisemans around 1200-1300 so Asquith about 1000-1030 (Galston 1030-1100). Riding time would be around 3 hours 45 minutes.
If you could squeeze a half day out of a weekend in the next few weeks rather than losing the major part of the day, I reckon it would be quite feasible to do the ride and be done by (perhaps late) lunch-time. That would be predicated on an early start (e.g. meet up at 8.30 at Berowra), but still including breaks for coffee and petrol. You can peel off home to Gosford on last leg of the loop. There's the added advantage of empty roads and fewer coppers out early on.

But either way, I'm keen.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-03-2012, 08:35 PM   #3

When are you back in the country? I will see if I can do this earlier.

I'd suggest coffee/water stops at Wisemans, Spencer and possibly a drop down into West Gosford for coffee. I'm not sure of any cafes along the route from Galston to Wisemans.

Old 11-04-2012, 07:26 AM   #4

Back either end of this week or next, depends on my progress in my meetings tomorrow and Tuesday. If you've got any potential dates let me know.

When does the house settle?

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Old 11-04-2012, 04:11 PM   #5

Settles on Friday, though we're already starting to move stuff in (there are benefits to buying off family...). If we're going to do this before Christmas, I'd say the date would be one of the first two weekends in December.

The Following User Says Thank You to MrShadow For This Useful Post:
Top (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShadow View Post
Settles on Friday, though we're already starting to move stuff in (there are benefits to buying off family...). If we're going to do this before Christmas, I'd say the date would be one of the first two weekends in December.
Good on you mate, good luck with it!
Old 11-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #7

Bump - nobody else? I thought more people were interested in this. Oh well, it's still going ahead regardless.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 AM   #8

Garage

Will be keen to join you guys depending on timing. I have pretty hectic December ahead of me.

Will keep my eye on this thread
Old 11-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #9

Sorry haven't been on the forum much. Uni is killing me and will do until... the first or second weekend of December, so I'm in.
Old 11-13-2012, 03:06 PM   #10

I'm back from China, pick a weekend. I'm going to the bike expo in MEL on 24/25th Nov tho.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
Sponsored Links
Advertisement