San Diego 250 riders... - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2012, 02:50 AM   #1

Default San Diego 250 riders...

Could we get together and cruise around some this weekend or some time soon? Anybody on here regularly from San Diego? I'm pretty new to SD and don't really know of any routes which offer nice views and good eats or anything and was wondering if anyone has done some in these parts. I like to ride with my wife on the back and don't want anything too sporty and am a little hesitant to try to join up with any local sport bike rides for that reason.

My name's Bill and would love to have some regulars to cruise around with. Here's my bike as purchased. I've only removed the rear stickers and tidied up the rear fender a little since this was taken.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2012, 05:26 AM   #2

We ended up just cruising by Otay Lake and watched some skydivers do their thing. Next time we'll go for a longer ride, but this was a good start. Tagged along the back of a 3 bike group for a minute, that was fun. Here's a couple pics of me and the misses

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 AM   #3

Looks like you two had a blast! Who makes your modular helmet please?
Old 11-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenAlonzo View Post
Looks like you two had a blast! Who makes your modular helmet please?

We did! Need to go for a longer ride with some other riders next time

The helmet is a budget-friendly Zox. Has a flip-down, tinted, inner visor, too. I love it.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:16 PM   #5

try meetup.com

You can find ride groups there. Some are sports bikes only but many welcome all kinds of bikes and are about a fun, safe time not hot heading. I know there is a San Diego Sport bike group and they classify their rides by level (beginner, intermediate, etc).
Also once you start attending rides with a meetup group or two you meet people and can start making friends to go on smaller group rides.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:15 PM   #6

I'm retired and ride pretty much every day, I live 15 miles east of Julian, many beautiful twisty roads out here I can show you. I don't ride fast, never over the speed limit, normally under it, I'm too old to have anything to prove. Let me know when you want to ride and I'll try and meet you somewhere.
Ride Safe,
Dan
djncooley@juno.com
one seven six zero seven six five two seven six three (answering machine always on line if I'm out ridin', answers after 4 rings), I'll get back to you.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdvalentine View Post
try meetup.com

You can find ride groups there. Some are sports bikes only but many welcome all kinds of bikes and are about a fun, safe time not hot heading. I know there is a San Diego Sport bike group and they classify their rides by level (beginner, intermediate, etc).
Also once you start attending rides with a meetup group or two you meet people and can start making friends to go on smaller group rides.
Right after posting this thread I found meetup.com and signed up. Looks pretty cool, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailyrider View Post
I'm retired and ride pretty much every day, I live 15 miles east of Julian, many beautiful twisty roads out here I can show you. I don't ride fast, never over the speed limit, normally under it, I'm too old to have anything to prove. Let me know when you want to ride and I'll try and meet you somewhere.
Ride Safe,
Dan
djncooley@juno.com
one seven six zero seven six five two seven six three (answering machine always on line if I'm out ridin', answers after 4 rings), I'll get back to you.
Sounds good, Dan! My wife and I went out to Julian for the first time last month and really loved it and would love to do a ride through there some time. It's a bit of a hike for regular rides, but when we have the time I'll definitely let you know. Looks like it won't be until the new year for me as I'm working quite a bit leading up to taking some vacation time to visit AZ for Christmas.

On a side note, I spotted a red 250 in Downtown San Diego yesterday afternoon on Harbor Drive. I wanted to flag him/her down and say hi, but he/she was across the street

Last edited by Turtlebone; 12-04-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 PM   #8

I go riding quite often but I'm up in north county, but an always fun ride is just go up coast highway until you feel like you want to turn around lol always enjoyed riding with the beach next to me

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 PM   #9

I'm in San Diego, but it's gonna be awhile before I'm ready for group rides (still learning how to get it into first gear, haha..) I'm glad to see that there is a group around here, though, and might like to meet up for a group ride once I've got a few miles under my belt. Thanks for starting this post.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:48 PM   #10

So how's the San Diego riders doing? We need to get some rides going, it's on the cooler side right now but the mountains are beautiful to ride

Maybe we should take a poll of something to see where we stand

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement