Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Still dig my bike!!!!!

3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  ALHUI 
#1 ·
10000 miles on my bike, and still get the biggest kick out of riding it. Low maintenance, lots of fun. It's what makes me like going to work. Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Automotive tire Motorcycle

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Sorta.
Well, I had this issue which was covered by warranty, and still leaks to this day. It leaks a lot less than it used to, so I am happy with it and out of warranty so the next fix is out of pocket..
But yeah - http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-problems-issues/11256-radiator-fluid-leaking-water-pump.html

Besides that, I've only been through 1 chain, 1 set of rear brake pads, Oil/Filters, 1 air filter, and 5 tires (1 front OEM, 4 rear's) for all that 20k. The 4th rear is still on though and has a bit.
Changing front/rear pads soon.

Only have done the 600 mile service, and valves have yet to be checked again. Probably @ 35k I will.

#7 · (Edited)
I am going to have to do some work on mine. I've done nothing but change the oil. I am going to put some Micheline Street Pilots on it, put new brake pads, adjust the valves, and I've been considering a slip on.

I just don't know if it's worth it. I have read the countless theads, and can't make heads or tails if they are too loud and loose top end speed. I do mostly interstate travel and can't afford to lose any top end speed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
No change from a slip on here, but I do notice a low and mid range torque bump with it. No change on the upper end. It does make it very loud, no matter what exhaust you choose, so make sure you wear earplugs when you ride with it. I personally think the bike is too quiet stock, as no one around me could hear me.

Reactions: rider56
#9 · (Edited)
Just around 15,000 miles on mine. Loving my bike still, too. I've been fortunate with reliability of my bike. Surprisingly, still on original chain and brake pads. No mechanical issues, so far, either. 4th set of tires.

I bought a brand new Italian bike-Totally, different kinda experience... Coolant leaking, fuel tank bubbling up, upper chain guard flew off......etc, etc. Only within the first 4,000 miles of use.

EDIT-The rubber boot on my gear selector lever wore off, so I had to get a new one installed during the last service.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.