Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Winshield too low

5K views 23 replies 16 participants last post by  doktor 
#1 ·
I have noted that the stock windshield seems awfully low for my 6 foot frame. Severe wind buffeting directly into my face over 45 MPH. A bit of research today revealed that good aftermarket windshields are readily available so will be going that route, but hate to have a brand bike ripped apart to install it. No other option I can see.

Recommendations on color? I'm inclined to with a light tint, but interested in opinions on this. The Puig seems to be the choice here. Alternate views?

#13 ·
your pic is what guided me to the Puig in the first place. I have the red bike too. It is a good look and when I called the dealer today they quoted me the internet price on the windshield and $40 to install it!! Said it would take 30 minutes. Run down to McDonalds and eat breakfast and it will be ready. I thought this was an agonizing 4 hour disassembly of the bike? Well, would have been for me, I guess.

#11 ·
Tyga Performance - Screen, Touring, Dark Tint, OEM Honda, 2011 CBR125/150/250R - Screens

I went with this one, I'm 6' and sit kind of upright. The wind hits about neck high, with minimal buffeting on average.
I really like it, additionally, you don't have to tear the whole bike apart to put it on, merely remove the mirrors and bolt them back on with the provided, longer bolts. The kind of funky part is that it goes on top of the stock windshield, not that big a deal, for me, anyhow. It looks pretty good, and breaks that beating wind well.
The bad news, it is currently, only available from Thailand, it's OEM, but only in Thailand, shipping is quite expensive, but I got mine in about 3 weeks, your location will determine the ship costs.

Doc

#16 ·
Tyga Performance - Screen, Touring, Dark Tint, OEM Honda, 2011 CBR125/150/250R - Screens

I went with this one, I'm 6' and sit kind of upright. The wind hits about neck high, with minimal buffeting on average.
I really like it, additionally, you don't have to tear the whole bike apart to put it on, merely remove the mirrors and bolt them back on with the provided, longer bolts. The kind of funky part is that it goes on top of the stock windshield, not that big a deal, for me, anyhow. It looks pretty good, and breaks that beating wind well.
The bad news, it is currently, only available from Thailand, it's OEM, but only in Thailand, shipping is quite expensive, but I got mine in about 3 weeks, your location will determine the ship costs.

Doc
If you would be kind enough to say, how much was the shipping? Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.