Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

What Is Your Confession?

8K views 39 replies 23 participants last post by  live_to_ride 
#1 ·
Think I can safely say that many of us have done some pretty silly stuff either while learning to ride or, even after years of riding experience.

My confession:

Years ago while attending an MSF course I dropped the Ninja I was riding while practicing tight circles....at a whopping 10kph, fracturing my lower leg. I required surgical repair with plates, pins and screws. No one believed my leg was broke since I was travelling slower than time. I now have the notoriety of how "dangerous" riding can be as my story has been shared with every class since then :eek:

So, what is your story folks? No harm in sharing as most of us have committed some tom-foolery lol:D

#31 ·
Good one John!! You're a wonderful example that we don't have to stop enjoying life by giving up sports or hobbies when we reach a certain age. Good for you for staying active.

#32 · (Edited)
I'm terrible with Chain maintenance... 2nd chain replacement in 20k miles...

Other than that the stupidest thing I've done was try to overtake around a blind corner... Yeah not doing that again.

Edit: more of a newbie move but one time when I still just got the bike was that I came to a stop and forgot to put my foot down. Yeah it ended with me laying next to bike wondering how I could be such a idiot.

#33 ·
Picked up a second hand NSR150SP. Fixed it up (carb issue), got it started and running. Tyre was a bit low on PSI, took it for a ride around the block, figured would go once more, lent into corner, tyre rolled and bike slid. Sold it to the wreckers for $300 with bent forks, and gave up. Week later bought a new 2012 CBR250R.

Other one, I park in secured parking at work, finished work one day, freaked out cause I couldn't find my keys. I got to the bike, keys are still in it. Never did it again.

#34 ·
Ahhh, confessions. Good for the soul, they say. So here's mine.

I've done several st00pid things that damaged my motorcycles and one that damaged myself, but the worst thing I've done could have been really bad for another motorcycle rider:

I actually pulled my minivan out of a parking spot right in front of an oncoming motorcycle rider without having seen him. This in spite of the large START SEEING MOTORCYCLES! sticker on the back of the van. Fortunately, HE was paying attention and was able to come to a stop before running into the side of my van.

I apologized to him profusely, of course, and he laughed it off . . . AFTER pointing out the irony of my sticker. And rightly so.

It re-reminded me that I have to ALWAYS be vigilant no matter what vehicle I'm at the controls of . . . .

#35 ·
I actually pulled my minivan out of a parking spot right in front of an oncoming motorcycle rider without having seen him.
I have a buddy (about 50) who has been riding street since he was 15 (not even legal). I asked him if he is worried about failing to yield right-of-way to a bike. He said, "No. It's his job to look out for idiots like me in a car. And there are far worse than me out there."

One of my secret fears is being on my bike, and getting in front of another bike that I failed to see. It's not talked about a lot but motorcyclists are also guilty of failing to see other motorcyclists.

#36 ·
mine

Funny, I was talking the other day with some friends who ride about the fact that each of us does certain things that we rationally know we shouldn't. One friend said his guilty secret was that he listens to music on headphones while he rides. Another is really terrible about chain maintenance. (Don't people know about those clean/dirty dishwasher magnets?)

Mine is this: my commute is about 50 miles round-trip, pretty much all of it in SoCal rush hour traffic. In the summer during the ride home the temperature can sometimes be 100f/38c, ignoring the fact that I'm sitting at a light surrounded by hot cars. When the weather is that hot, I bungee my jacket to the back seat and ride in my t-shirt. Still wearing gloves/helmet/long pants, but still - not the best idea ever. But I figure heatstroke can kill you too. :\

#37 ·
Dropped my CBR250r twice in one day...about 45 minutes between drops. Both during low speed maneuvers. Both within a month of buying the bike. One on the apron of an elementary school's driveway during "pick up" time in front of a dozen or more moms and countless wee ones. The other in my driveway within earshot and eyesight of at least 4 neighbors, my wife, and my daughter. Only egos were injured.

Oh and hi! Just thought I'd drop in on the ol' forum since I was just talking to one of the members here on another board. Hope all is well in the 1/4 Liter world. :)

#38 ·
Well, well, well, MTC. How are you and your lovely CB1100 doing? Wonderful to hear from you. Drop by more often :)

Reactions: Empty Sea
#40 ·
Tee hee good one Schroeder. We always need German humour ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.