Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

you were all right, I apologize

9K views 45 replies 22 participants last post by  AkKnight78 
#1 ·
No trolling this time... two days ago I went down on my cbr250r, im collinG for those who didnt already know. I have really bad road rash and my bikes totaled, I remember laying on the ground thinking of you guys, and how utterly right you were... hopefully you accept my apology... the pain is karma for my actions I believe. road rash is so gnarly, they clean it with soap and a brush in the ER and it hurts very very very badly. Bathing is like sitting in acid or something, a very unreal pain. I have 5 stitches in my shin and my bike is totaled, we'll see what insurance pays.
I usually wear my jacket too, I was just fixing an exhaust leak in my pipe and taking it out for a 5 minute test ride to see if the exhaust glue held, went around a corner, it was slick and I panicked. I ate ****! if not for my helmet I'd have sustained serious head injuries as well. Again, you were all right, from now on i'm going to listen to you all much more carefully because clearly I'm ignorant.

#2 ·
Pics or it never happened and you're still a troll...

#8 ·
This guy musta pissed you off lol

#4 ·
Humbling.

Hang in there buddy!

It isn't a matter of "who's right" merely a matter of "what's right". I don't know whom you are referencing but I do wish you the best of luck during your recovery.

#5 ·
Hey, Collin, sorry to be a jerk but... the way you tore thru here last time like an immature lil brat, I ain't gonna believe a word you say w/o pictures. No-one else should either.

If what you say is true, the sorry for ya bro, it's a hard lesson to learn.

If ya can't get all the pics, then you can prove it with your attitude- it's damm hard to get a second chance at a first impression.

#9 ·
AOP, he blew thru here so fast you missed him between logins... but he came in talking about how he needed to make his bike go faster, how he should have got a 600, and half a dozen other things... and didn't like the answers anyone liked so he started going off on the world on every topic. Banned and deleted as fast as you can turn a light switch off. LOL

#14 ·
We can't see your email attachments, so those links won't work. You'll need to host them somewhere else...

#13 · (Edited)
If i would have been on a 600 I would have most likely crashed much worse because I gave it a little whiskey throttle during the crash, on a 250 that is more forgiving than a super quick 600, so glad I started small, so glad I wore my helmet, so sad I didnt listen to you guys before and also mad I didnt have my jacket on. just one more thing you guys were right about.

edit: by whiskey throttle I mean panic throttle just incase whiskey throttle has multiple meanings.

#15 ·
I prefer to befriend people with experience, they can teach us so much. There are a lot of awesome people on here who just wanted to help, well to keep you alive at least. With the way you acted before I wanted to just smack you upside the head.. :rolleyes:

Its better to listen and learn, then pretend to be a know-it-all and gain nothing.

oh.. and piss people off..

#19 ·
if you have the files saved on your computer, you can add attachments at the bottom... "Go Advanced" and below the posting area, there's a place to put attachments... or host on imgur or photobucket or whatever...

#22 ·
Why does this person need to prove something?

This a forum, not Judge Judy.

#29 ·
glad to see you survived! it takes a bigger person to admit they were wrong and i appreciate that. i can only hope you learned something from it and don't make the same mistakes twice. i have a daughter and sometimes she thinks I'm getting mad at her or being mean when i tell her she shouldn't do something or doesn't need something when in fact I'm just trying to save her some grief or pain. sometimes she listens and sometimes she doesn't, which is really frustrating and can come across as anger. when it comes to motorbikes, learning from other peoples mistakes and being able admit that you may not know something will surely save you some pain.

#30 ·
i have a daughter and sometimes she thinks I'm getting mad at her or being mean when i tell her she shouldn't do something or doesn't need something when in fact I'm just trying to save her some grief or pain. sometimes she listens and sometimes she doesn't
Now that sounds familiar! :). My daughter mostly listens, but there are moments...

#32 ·
I remember this kid. Well collinG, if you went down I am truely sorry. Regardless if you trolled or not you are after all, a kid, and you got hurt. If you are trolling now, who cares, cause this forum is showing there are ppl who are honestly concerned about riders welfare. Also if you are trolling, then egg on your face for messing with ppl and tells us the kind of person you really are. if not I wish you a speedy recovery.

#33 ·
Collin, for what it's worth, I joined this forum about a week ago. As far as I'm concerned, "CollinG" never existed -- clean slate -- and "youwereallright" sounds like a major improvement compared to the description others have recalled about that other name.

Ultimately, it's up to you to prove which version fits you from this day forward. I don't disbelieve what others have posted (and your recent posts suggest a lot of hard earned maturity), but that's not how I decide something about a person.

I like what I've read from you and hope I always do. I recommend keeping photos of this experience. Sounds like you expect a career in motorcycling (motorsports technician, if I recall). Five, ten or more years from now, you'll have some powerful stories for novice riders.

#34 ·
They call it the "School of Hard Knocks" for a reason. :D

Reactions: Dukie
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.