Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Parts list to turn 250 into 300.

5K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  MotoMike 
#1 ·
Here's the OEM Honda parts list that will upgrade the CBR250 into the 286cc that the 300 has.

Taken from a cbr300 forum.

Cost is stated as 8,500 thai baht, 210 Euro.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks for the list. Der Verge states a good alternative, unless (like me) you've sunk thousands into upgrades and handling on the 250. In which case, upgrading the engine is most cost effective. (Plus, there is a little thrill in beating the RC390s on a "little 250".)

Another alternative is to have SmBkRdr do the rebuild for you - http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-service-maintenance/55881-engine-rebuild-conversion-service.html. He did my rebuild, and did way more than just get it to the 300 specs. I love the engine now. And his help in other areas of racing the 250 has been invaluable!

#5 ·
#6 ·
And people who have bought the CBR300R are throwing $$$ at their bike trying to get more power/performance, when for a little more money up front they could have just bought a Yamaha R3 with more stock HP right off the showroom floor than one could ever tweak from a 286cc single. Dollar for dollar, stock horsepower is always going to cost less than aftermarket ponies. And stock horsepower will always be more reliable in the long run.

It's all relative.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.