Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

buy now (250) or wait for a miracle (300)?

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  damasovi 
#1 ·
HI there,

Finally I am "there", about to buy me a CBR but I am just to damm slow. I have one way or the other, the money/credit to buy me a new CBR but I could:

a) buy a 2015 CBR250R or
b) wait until January to see IF there will be a 300 coming to this country.

I live in Mexico and there are no 300 here, not even a 250R ABS, just the original 250. The honda guy said nothing about a 300 being brought here, I told him that a 300 was available in Europe and the USA and he said nothing about it coming to Mexico.

The issue I have with buying the 250 is not over power, it is just the feeling of having an out of production bike, as in I fear that parts will not be available when I need then.

I do have a bike at the moment and by the look of things, fall has not arrive, so all clear for raiding!!

Please advice

Damasovi

See less See more
#2 ·
Look for a used CBR250R with <10K miles for ~ 60% of the "new" price. Ride it for a year or two and sell it for most of what you paid for it, and then get the bike of your choice.

Buying a clean used bike is always the cheapest route to go.

#4 · (Edited)
thanks. I do not like to sell my bikes, only "life" makes me sell then. My KLR has been with me for 10 years and will used it much more. The CBR250/300 will have the same faith (if I am lucky) so knowing that parts will be available now and in 10 years, will be important.

thanks!

#6 ·
If it's your first bike, I'd suggest buying used anyway. First bikes get dropped, and that's much less upsetting when it's already a used bike with a few dings on it.

#7 ·
First bikes get dropped, and that's much less upsetting when it's already a used bike with a few dings on it.
Bought my first bike (2012 CBR250R) new from Stealership. Never dropped it in the 18000km I rode it. ^_^

#9 ·
I would say about 80% of riders will drop their bikes, maybe a higher %, but there was an old saying among riders, and I'm going to butcher the original phrase but it went something like...

"If you haven't met the asphalt yet, you will some day"

#14 ·
thanks guys. I will buy a new bike. this will not be my first bike, I have ridden bikes for 11 years now, and I am looking for a light and good reliable bike, and I am looking for a change from my tall double purpose bikes.

I like to keep bikes for as long as I can afford, so far the only bike has been with me for 10 years, and now I would not sell it, unless the correct buyer came, since I don't think I would get more than a couple grand (even with the importation fee and accessories)

The news is CBR250R honda repsol has arrive, and this one comes with ABS, for more money of course, but I am waiting for 2016 and see what comes and saving a little bit more money since credit here is a steal! Motorcycle credits are around 40-50% per year, so a personal loan is less expensive for around 25-40

Cheers!

Damasovi

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.