Adelaide Rider - Page 4 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 04:45 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_Dave View Post
They are pretty good, with perforations, but unless ya are on the move they get hot quickly!

GP Pro jacket:
GP Pro Jacket - White/Black - Road, Jackets, Mens Leather Jackets - Peter Stevens

Tack pants:
Leather Track Pants - White/Black - Road, Pants, Mens Leather Pants - Peter Stevens

SMX-5 boots - sooooo comfortable:
SMX 5 Boot - Black - Road, Boots, Sports Boots - Peter Stevens

SP-8 gloves:
SP-8 Leather Gloves - Black - Road, Gloves, Sports Gloves - Peter Stevens

Pretty happy with this kit, although I'll be looking for warmer gloves come winter...my hands froze this year.

Dave
I have the same boots and gloves. Agreed, the boots are very comfortable and do the job perfectly. I find the gloves with their gauntlet design take a bit longer to put on vs. a shorter glove -- so may look at options.

Will look into the GP Pro jacket in the next couple of weeks. I see A* have just released their new high spec Atem jacket but it looks fairly pricey in comparison.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to DamianW For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (11-03-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 05:12 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamianW View Post
I have the same boots and gloves. Agreed, the boots are very comfortable and do the job perfectly. I find the gloves with their gauntlet design take a bit longer to put on vs. a shorter glove -- so may look at options.

Will look into the GP Pro jacket in the next couple of weeks. I see A* have just released their new high spec Atem jacket but it looks fairly pricey in comparison.
Yeah the gauntlet style does take a little longer to put on, but they stay put. I like those gloves because the are a nice balance: no too heavy duty, but have the knuckle protection which isn't too obtrusive. I like the jacket a lot.

In fact the only buyers remorse I have is the pants: not the pants themselves, but the colour choice: the inside leg is white. Sounds fine, but the white coating seems to be wearing off/rubbing on the matt black panel on the CBR: leaving whitish marks. Pisses me right off LOL, as it's hard to clean off/remove. My mate has the full black A* Track pants and nada. Ba$tard . At least I know I'm gripping the bike with my legs/knees!

I call the above my Zombie Apocalypse outfit: barely 10cm2 of flesh showing (between helmet and neck). All I'd need is a baseball bat and I'd be golden. Rule#1: Cardio LOL.

Dave

Last edited by CBR_Dave; 11-03-2012 at 05:15 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #33
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_Dave View Post
They are pretty good, with perforations, but unless ya are on the move they get hot quickly!

GP Pro jacket:
GP Pro Jacket - White/Black - Road, Jackets, Mens Leather Jackets - Peter Stevens

Tack pants:
Leather Track Pants - White/Black - Road, Pants, Mens Leather Pants - Peter Stevens

SMX-5 boots - sooooo comfortable:
SMX 5 Boot - Black - Road, Boots, Sports Boots - Peter Stevens

SP-8 gloves:
SP-8 Leather Gloves - Black - Road, Gloves, Sports Gloves - Peter Stevens

Pretty happy with this kit, although I'll be looking for warmer gloves come winter...my hands froze this year.

Dave
That's a great kit you have there. Mine is as follows, it's a little bit more laid back

FF396 Carbon Helmet - Demon Red - Road, Helmets, Full Face - Peter Stevens

SP-1 Leather Gloves - Black/White - Road, Gloves, Sports Gloves - Peter Stevens

GP Air Textile Jacket - Red/Black/White - Road, Jackets, Mens Textile Jackets - Peter Stevens

Biker Kevlar Jeans - Blue - Road, Pants, Mens Kevlar Jeans - Peter Stevens

2011 SMX Plus Boots - White - Road, Boots, Sports Boots - Peter Stevens

- Black Adjustable Levers
- HRC Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Hotbodies FE Kit
- 16,000km's in 12 months

2011 GSX-R600 Black
The Following User Says Thank You to lewiCBR250R For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (11-04-2012)
Old 11-03-2012, 06:47 AM   #34

Saw a black with aftermarket exhaust and L plates turning from port rush, onto the freeway about 4pm today. Anybody here?
Old 11-05-2012, 09:07 PM   #35

Just bought an A-stars T-RC1 Air-flo textile jacket in Red from a US online mail order firm. Got it discounted from US$220 to US$179 as its a discontinued line item. Looking forward to wearing it now its warming up here.

Last edited by DamianW; 07-12-2013 at 12:30 AM.
Old 11-05-2012, 09:15 PM   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just bought an A-stars T-RC1 Air-flo textile jacket in Red from a US online mail order firm. Got it discounted from US$220 to US$179 as its a discontinued line item. Looking forward to wearing it now its warming up here.
looks good. love my textile jacket! great breathability and nice and light and it looks good. I even wore it in the winter with a jumper underneath. I'm looking to get leathers by the end of the year as well to wear when it gets cold again and for when i go for spirited rides because it would be a bit much for commuting

- Black Adjustable Levers
- HRC Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Hotbodies FE Kit
- 16,000km's in 12 months

2011 GSX-R600 Black
Old 11-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R View Post
looks good. love my textile jacket! great breathability and nice and light and it looks good. I even wore it in the winter with a jumper underneath. I'm looking to get leathers by the end of the year as well to wear when it gets cold again and for when i go for spirited rides because it would be a bit much for commuting
Yeah, full leathers are a bit of a pain for commuting. I didn't buy the CBR for that though although I do occasionally when I get withdrawal symptoms from my weekend rides .

Im thinking some kevlar jeans for quick trips in the future. Still wear the rest of the gear, it's only the pants that are seriously restrictive/make me look like a freak walking around the shops etc hehe.

Dave
Old 11-05-2012, 10:14 PM   #38

Quote:
Nice work - looks good and should do the job well in the heat. My GP Jacket does get pretty hot when the sun is out and the temp is above 26C - not too bad when ya are on the move, but sat still and ya boil.

LOL, I made the mistake the other day of lowering the zipper 5 cm while riding. When I tried to zip it back up (again while riding) I couldn't. So I did the usual: lower the zip and pull it back up. Well, it just got stuck lower. I repeated this process like a fool several times. Each time the jacket got more and more filled with air making it worse. In the end it was billowing out and almost totally undone at 100kph . Queue quick zoom in front of mates and signal to pull over. Yeah there was a lot of fun at my expense...

Dave
Old 11-07-2012, 01:42 AM   #39

Dave, your zipper fumbles sound hilarious. That kind of sh!t happens to me
Old 11-07-2012, 02:17 AM   #40

Quote:
Dave, your zipper fumbles sound hilarious. That kind of sh!t happens to me
Yeah, it was funny to everyone else too . Bit freaky for me though!! Dunno what I was thinking...

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement