Adelaide Rider - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #1

Default Adelaide Rider

So I know there's a couple of riders here from Adelaide, in Australia.

Which one of you was it I saw heading north on Main North Road at approximately 1307 on Saturday 18-Aug-12, on the black CBR? I was on Montague Rd at the lights about to turn right onto Main North Rd, didn't see you until your light went green, otherwise I would have waved/nodded
From here:
If it was up to me, every motorcyclist that ends up donating his organs though no fault of his own should be matched by the enforced confiscation of the organs of the idiot that ran him over.

65.8 MPG!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #2

Not me,
Wrong bike, wrong time, wrong place. I don't go into the city can't see the point for me. Maybe I should change my location. Done.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:26 PM   #3

If it was at 2PM Sunday (North) or 4PM (South), then it was me .

I've seen a black CBR250R on Main North a few times as well. At first I thought it was you, but it was all black and so couldn't be.

Are you still on your L's Jubis? (no offense intended!). If not, did you use the CBR or their bike for the P's test?

Dave

Last edited by CBR_Dave; 08-19-2012 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #4

sorry i wasn't there in Australia that time.
Old 08-21-2012, 07:21 AM   #5

Yeah must've been you CBR_Dave, I looked at the time on my dash and it was the Main North Rd/Montague Rd intersection at approx 1.07pm, you were heading north down Main North Rd.

Yes I'm still on my L's, after I get my service I'll be getting my P's, so maybe some time in September. All my mates reckon I should use their bikes (apparently sports bikes don't have the turning radius to pull off the turn? So they say) but I've been doing a lot more U-Turns recently and have discovered that this bike can certainly pull off little ones pretty easily. Just need more practice.
From here:
If it was up to me, every motorcyclist that ends up donating his organs though no fault of his own should be matched by the enforced confiscation of the organs of the idiot that ran him over.

65.8 MPG!

Last edited by Jubis; 08-21-2012 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #6

Hey Jubis,

Cool. If they were in full A* black/white leathers and a white/blue Shoei, then that's me! Surprised I didn't see you - I always give a "nod" hello :-)

Just so you know, the P's test has you doing a left followed immediately by a right Uturn in a 5 m wide box (almost a figure 8), from a standing start. Not sure how long, but say 10m. Ignore the people who tell ya "two carparks wide" - that's BS, as most are about 5.5-6m... The CBR can do it with a couple of feet to spare - I can do it, not 100% of the time yet ;-) You really are at full lock both turns, with the bike leaned over a fair bit.

The S-curve weave is the other biggie - the lines are pretty close together, and the S is tight, and again it's from a standing start. The CBR can eat it up though, especially if ya can do the Uturns :-)

As a side note, out at Oaklands road the riding range is disused, but still accessible - Ya just have to do a quick bump over a curb hehe. It has all the tests etc painted out on the ground. It was a real eye opener when we went out there. Highly recommended, always people there as well.

237 Oaklands Road, Oaklands Park 5043

https://maps.google.com.au/maps?oe=u...ed=0CCEQ8gEwAA

In satelite view ya can clearly see the range. Enter via The Parade, bump the curb 50 m or so in, and ride around until ya find the range. Its the one furthest from the road - the front one I think is totally blocked off.

Not sure if I will use their bike...if I can do it on mine, then I'll use mine. The 30kph emergency stop will be easier with the ABS hahahaha. However, I agree that their bike would be p1ss easy compared...those little Suzi's are like sedate cows compared to the CBR LOL. I know of some dudes who did it on the scooters...I can't believe that ya can, but ya can...and then road home on their 600cc LOL. I reckon the instructor will give ya a little more cred for using your own bike.

Dave

Last edited by CBR_Dave; 08-22-2012 at 09:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CBR_Dave For This Useful Post:
Jubis (08-23-2012)
Old 08-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #7

Ah that's awesome info Dave, I heard they were knocking down the Oaklands Park place to construct a new building or parklands or something (I actually did my Ls test there, was one of the last groups to do it too).

I wasn't sure if the place had been smashed up yet so it's good to know I can just go there and practice Might do it tomorrow actually!
From here:

65.8 MPG!
Old 08-23-2012, 07:42 PM   #8

Glad to have helped!

Dave
Old 08-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #9

Oh, I saw your post in response to the NSW "MOST" test...oh god, I wish the test here in SA was that easy. I would have done that within a month of getting my L'S!!

6.1m *single* Uturn!!! (try back-to-back L-R Uturns in 5m! Which actually makes the Uturns way more than 180 degrees)

"Emergency braking" when your wheels hit a specific marker!!! (try upon a random command!)

As for the "cone weaves" and "dodge an obstacle" hahaha.

Dave
Old 08-24-2012, 02:52 AM   #10

I think that if you need to practice your advanced test, you're not ready for it because it's dead easy. I did mine 6 weeks after the L test (and that was over xmas)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement