Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Saw a bike crash today. Practice, practice.

3K views 14 replies 14 participants last post by  Cytochromec 
#1 ·
Saw a bike crash while gassing up the car today. A guy on what I think was an older R6 had to make an emergency stop. I THINK he had enough room but grabbed a handful of front brake and went into a BIG endo. Both he and the bike ended up in front of the car he was trying to avoid. Couldn't see the aftermath through the traffic, but I'm sure he didn't get up. Helmet, jeans, t-shirt.

I was a little shaky after seeing that. If you are looking for me later I'll be out practicing emergency stops.

#3 ·
a car in front of me locked up its brakes today, there's a big "hump" through this intersection, and the cars on the other side were stopped. obviously the guy in front of me didnt notice, and going over the hump lightened up his car enough to lock his brakes up. luckily i had more than enough of a cushion, that it didn't even make me think oh ****

#8 · (Edited)
words to live by.

I found myself misjudging someones blind spot the other day in heavy traffic...they tried to merge with me. quick brake, clutch, horn and minor weave left in about 1.5sec and i was safe.... other driver swerved back out to his lane, and waved a sorry. If i hadn't been watching for him.....things woulda been different.

#11 ·
Let me tell u about what almost happen to me last month. Living here in NW Arkansas is great lot of twist & turns & living on the Pigtrail makes it even better. Had just got my new CBR250 Oh what a felling riding the back roads. Till LiL FREAK"N Bambi jumps out in front of me. Thanks to the nibble of my CBR250 I was able to avoid disaster & Bambi gets to be in sights come deer season. So not only keep your eyes peeled for those four wheels don't forget about the 4 legged ones to. Hope the guy that crashed is ok.

#14 ·
Living here in NW Arkansas is great lot of twist & turns.
Welcome to the forum.
I'll be riding my FZ1 the 750 miles to Harrison Arkansas in 3 weeks. Your roads ROCK!!

#12 ·
I was almost struck by a young Highschool kid drifting around a corner to show off for his girlfriend. If I had not been paying attention I would not be in good shape. Needless to say I stopped him and scared him to the point where I almost felt bad afterwards. Now I hope he sees every motorcycle on the road. Be safe guys.

#13 ·
I think being a rider should be like being a hockey referee when the game's on. You constantly watch the action and try to process everything going on around you, all the while remembering the rules and trying not to get checked into the boards. The big difference, I suppose, is that the cagers are not team mates on any organized team. Most don't even know they're in the game at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.