Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

What did you do to your cbr250r today?

469K views 2K replies 473 participants last post by  Schroeder 
#1 ·
As per the question, let us know what you did to your little cbr today!

Did you wash it, install a brand new exhaust, paint your heat shield or went for a nice ride today! :)

#1,275 ·
With 13,000 miles on your bike (I recall reading that in another thread ;)), you'll probably want to replace the drive chain & sprockets all at once as a set... otherwise installing a new chain on worn sprockets will cause the new chain's pins & bushings to wear faster than normal, which ultimately will cost you more money in the long run. That said, even with a few missing 0-rings, you could probably get a couple more thousand miles out of your current set... just lube the chain a little more frequently between now and when you install the new chain & sprockets.

Do you have any ideas as to why the o-rings on your chain have been breaking?

#1,277 ·
@ Arrethul - I'm guessing that the shop adjusted the chain way too tight after they changed your rear tire, that combined with a lack of lubrication will toast a drive chain in no time. As I suggested in my previous post, I'd highly recommend replacing the sprockets at the same time as the chain... you've already got the new sprockets, you may as well use them (they're not going to do anything for you sitting on the shelf).

You want to have a minimum of 1" of drive chain free play, measured midway between the sprockets on the lower run of chain, and with the bike on the side stand. Without a sufficient amount of free play (or slack), the chain will be too tight when it is under load with the weight of a rider on the bike. An 1-1/4" to 1-3/8" of free play is even better. I run mine at 1-3/8", and at 11,500 miles my chain and sprockets are still in great condition.

The rubber cushions inside the drive flange would only really need to be replaced if there is more than an 1/8" to 3/16" of rotation between the the drive flange and the wheel hub.

#1,278 ·
Alright I'll have to check out how much it rotates when I get the chain done.

And yeah, It wasn't a shop, was a buddy. And the chain wasn't too tight, It just wasn't lubed good enough and I never bothered to lube it for a week or so, and so it ended up making it super dry. It was weird it got real tight when it was hot, but when I got sufficient lube back on there it seemed the chain loosened back up. But during the ride when it was hot it sure did feel hella tight.

I run my slack always around an inch. I don't do it on the side stand though, but when I'm done on the rear stand I just check it on the side to make sure it's good to go in multiple spots of the chain. Due to my chain missing o-rings, I have a lot of tighter spots and lose spots so always adjust the chain to the tightest spot on the chain.

#1,280 ·
#1,286 ·

Attachments

#1,290 ·
Today i randomly wanted to use my CBR as a skateboard.........first time failed and my bike did that auto pilot thing...........

Second time confirmed the CBR 250r does double up to a very fast and fun skateboard....

See here in the states, That is what we consider a Squid with no doubt about it.

At least there isn't many cars around, but still its a squid move. :D

#1,292 ·
dosnt effect me if im called a squid,a saint or just something like susan.......,And a squid is a selfish reckless driver....I am also a reckless driver ,therefore im a squid.....a lucky squid on borrowed life........but more importantly a happy squid......most people who are very conservative now have had a "squid faze" or two...and understand...........whats annoying ae those who tear into you abusivley hiding behind there keypad ,going on like im a terroist or something........

But you my friend,You can call me squid,no probs.....I will even promote my new name.......... On this note,im curious.Where did the word squid originate?also reckon you could give me more details on squid-like-behavour?

Thanks man

peace x

#1,295 ·
On this note,im curious.Where did the word squid originate?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid
It's #4.
also reckon you could give me more details on squid-like-behavour?
Google
Youtube

On an un-related note. Finally it is raining in CA! I had to go for a ride yesterday and just enjoy the weather. Was nice out, not too much traffic at all which is great. Went up to Apple Hill and Pollock Pines area..
Was bored so uploaded a video. Mainly was just checking how the water came up on the camera, just put wax on there that I use on my visor and it made the water bead up less.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzSDVGXLjU

The bike did "ok" in the rain, it felt like it took a lot more throttle to get it going but I blame that on the wind and all the water on the road.
Also the Michelin PR3's are awesome in the rain. No slip at all on the ride.

#1,297 · (Edited)
Went to Honda, bought some new motodry gloves, and booked in for 12,000kn service. Was quoted ~$240-$260

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#1,307 · (Edited)
I completed the bedding in process of the new front and rear EBC HH pads. This involved gentle braking over 500km's followed by ten successive straight line emergency brakes from 80km/h down to 20km/h to get the new pads fully seated and full coverage on the rotor.

These pads definitely provide better grip whilst braking is also more linear (i.e no initial bite then fade).

#1,317 ·
I completed the bedding in process of the new front and rear EBC HH pads.
How many k's did you have before you replaced them? I'm on 12,500km now and the pads still seem to have a fair bit of meat on them. Will likely look at changing to the EBC HH pads (no idea what the stock ones are) if they provide better braking.

#1,309 ·
Bought a can of nite shades to smoke the indicators. Didn't properly prep and clean properly, so paint cracked. Cleaned it all best I could and now doing a second pass on them.

Now on to house work before Wife gets home. That way she is happy and still got to play with my bike. ;)

#1,310 ·
Couldn't edit previous post on the phone and attach a picture. Here is my smoked indicators.

Attachments

#1,311 ·
Filled it up as much as I could - took $15 and I had 6 bars for roughly 10km. Usually only put $13 to fill, but thought would try put in as much as I can, took 8.9L, so still had a fair bit left, was at 310km on the trip meter.

#1,312 ·
Blacked out the brake light with nite shade. It's black when the bike is off, but when bike is on, can still see red glow perfectly.

#1,313 ·
Just did ghetto quick turn throttle mod with zip ties. Seems to open and close freely, has a little more that 1/4 turn to WOT. I took pics, will upload DIY later. :)

#1,314 ·
Started spraying some bits last week,put them back on today,will do the rest of the silver fairings white and maybe the under fairing.....Love the way the back end looks right now,wish i could keep the number plate off,,

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Have an AWESOME idea for the idicators .......

#1,315 ·
Started spraying some bits last week,put them back on today,will do the rest of the silver fairings white and maybe the under fairing.....Love the way the back end looks right now,wish i could keep the number plate off,,
Looks awesome! Did you sand/prime first? Did you just use pressure pack cans? Matte or acrylic? Clear coat?

Sorry for the questions. Looks awesome. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.