Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

What did you do to your cbr250r today?

469K views 2K replies 473 participants last post by  Schroeder 
#1 ·
As per the question, let us know what you did to your little cbr today!

Did you wash it, install a brand new exhaust, paint your heat shield or went for a nice ride today! :)

#1,501 ·
Well, late last night, I finally did my own version of the rear fender eliminator treatment. Looks sooooo much better. I deleted the stock rear indicators, and integrated them into the taillamp. Need to make a little better version of the plate bracket. I was out of 1/2 or 3/4 aluminum flat bar, so I used a piece of an old 3/8 socket rail for now. I love the integrated rear indicators, but I kinda wish I had an LED custom integrated taillamp. Does anyone here know if you can buy those ready to go, with clear lens and red and amber LED's for the tail, brake, and indicator lamps? I don't need an entire rear fender eliminator kit, just a bolt in taillamp. Next up, is shaving the front indicators, and integrating them into the headlamp. Looks fairly easy. I've finally decided on a better exhaust, I'm going to order a Yoshi TRC stainless slip on. I ditched the stock cat exhaust the night I rode my bike home from the dealership, and Ghetto Fabbed an FMF silencer I had for my YZ250. It's ok, actually runs and sounds good, but I mocked it up and installed it quickly, and it's not fitted as good as I'd like. Too much upward angle, and not tucked in tightly enough. I'm gonna take it off and cut the pipe off it and rework it a bit tonight, and make it fit better and look better, whilst I save up the coins for the Yoshi piece I want. Oh and i have done a bit of riding, I rode to and from work all week, and tooled around today for a while between rain showers. I still love this bike!

#1,504 ·
Rode to work (as I do everyday)...
...I was in HOV lane and was splitting lanes going "a lil bit faster than ideal"
...passed 2 or 3 cars before I noticed an SUV up ahead with the word "Sheriff" on the back.
Automatically slowed down to 65mph.
The SUV veered to the left towards the shoulder to give me more space to pass. (Started thinking: Is this a trap or he's just really being nice and letting me pass? haha)
Passed him and didn't see his lights/siren go off.
Saluted him while I rode away. :)

#1,505 ·
What I Did.

After watching twist of the wrist 2 the other night, I took my CBR out for a 60km (40 mile) ride through some of less populated areas near where I live.

I know I'm still learning, but every time I go out, it's a lot better.

Tomorrow will be cleaning and lubing day I think

#1,508 ·
Today I took an excused day off of work to go play! During a nice breakfast with the good wife, she suggested I take the Honda out for a ride. Gotta love an understanding spouse who knows the value of cycle-therapy. :)

Anyway, I rode 111 miles in amazing nice Seattle weather, going north and east of the city to the rural roads east of Lake Washington. I stopped a couple times for drink or photo-op, this one overlooking the Snohomish River.

The CBR250R ran beautifully, and I found myself in "the zone" where the bike and me become one for stretches of road at a time. It was a ride that I really didn't want to end.

For these type of rides, where the top speed is rarely above 60mph, there is no need for a larger displacement bike.

I pulled into the driveway with the odometer showing 2000 miles and the bike averaging 84.5mpg for the last five fill-ups.

#1,509 ·
What I did to my bike?.... was cause it major pain toay

It suddenly downshifted from 6th to 5th on the highway. (Anyone have any clue how this can occur? Aside from the obvious "user error" answer) I pulled over. Noticed the chain was limp as well as the engine now sounding very VERY different.

Took it to the shop, but the guys were really busy.
Briefly said it could be a top engine problem. Cam Shaft related? Tension Chain?..
Likely big $$$ to repair.

#1,512 ·
I had my chain replaced. New set of michelin tires put on.

#1,515 · (Edited)
#1,516 ·
Yesterday I took the MSF advanced riders course, and then went home and realigned my front tire with my handlebars. (After the ARC it was apparent they had shifted to the left pretty badly from the bike being blown over)
Today I installed the HB fender eliminator kit (had Diy fender eliminator previously) and I lowered my rear brake pedal. Hopefully that will help compensate for me lead filled brake foot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.