Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

What did you do to your cbr250r today?

469K views 2K replies 473 participants last post by  Schroeder 
#1 ·
As per the question, let us know what you did to your little cbr today!

Did you wash it, install a brand new exhaust, paint your heat shield or went for a nice ride today! :)

#9 ·
sounds like it will be a great day for you tomorrow! not too sure where you should go though, but seeing as you live in the Adelaide Hills i'm sure it won't be too hard to have fun ;)

#11 ·
Went on a 600km ride in the country. Tested my cold-weather gear setup. I went early so it was 6 celsius when I started. The windchill at 120kph made it effectively -2 degrees (according to a couple of online calculators). Everything was good except my hands were freezing after half and hour. I was wearing full leather gloves with no ventilation. Also found that my neck was exposed and I had to tuck a small towel in my collar for lack of a scarf. My forearms were a bit cold due to mesh-like material in the forearms of my jacket. A long sleeve shirt would have helped. I've got about a month of riding left, so I'm trying to make the most of it.

#13 ·
Went on a 600km ride in the country. Tested my cold-weather gear setup. I went early so it was 6 celsius when I started. The windchill at 120kph made it effectively -2 degrees (according to a couple of online calculators). Everything was good except my hands were freezing after half and hour. I was wearing full leather gloves with no ventilation. Also found that my neck was exposed and I had to tuck a small towel in my collar for lack of a scarf. My forearms were a bit cold due to mesh-like material in the forearms of my jacket. A long sleeve shirt would have helped. I've got about a month of riding left, so I'm trying to make the most of it.
sounds like an adventure! i also have full leather gloves with no ventilation and my hands still get very cold as well! :)

#15 ·
Went for a ride yesterday, cool temps and overcast sky. Rode up above 10,000 ft., where it was drizzling and thick fog, so that was interesting. Heading out for a ride now... today we have clear blue skies in northern New Mexico and cool temps. Couldn't ask for better motorcycling weather!

Hope your ride is a good one! :)

#21 ·
rinsed + washed + rinsed + wiped dry + polished with turtle = nice sparkling new cbr250 :D:D:D

then changed the rego sticker and P plate (which i hate :mad:) as the old one was melted too much with the tyre n exhaust heat...!!!

finally went for a nice long ride...!!! happy happy...:D:D:D

#22 ·
Kludged up something to keep my Nelson Rigg saddlebags from hitting the rear tire. I removed the passenger pegs and put on a 15" piece of 3/4" square tube stock in the footpeg brackets. Looks funky but is mostly hidden by the bags and I can remove them in 2 minutes.

I bought these bags for my VFR so they are a bit large for the CBR but being an old fart I take a lot of stuff when I travel; CPAP machine, down pillow, walking shoes etc. Weather permitting I'm off to Lolo Pass and Idaho for 3 days starting Tue. Want to see how the CBR works as a mini-sport touring rig.

#27 ·
Changed the oil. Degreased and lubed the chain. Took the fairings and windscreen off. Going to tint the windscreen. If that doesn't look good, then I'll get a puig or something. Thinking about wrapping the silver pieces while everything is off too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Motorcycle.com Free App

#32 ·
I looked at it longingly from afar. May go take a ride a little later

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.