Visor fog - Page 5 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2012, 09:29 PM   #41

Thanked 1,470 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne G Oldman View Post
I bought myself an AGV K-3 helmet a while ago, which I really like, but the visor fogs up easier than any other helmet I've ever had. I bought some of this Shift It Anti Fog Visor Spray - Biker Stocking Fillers - Ghostbikes.com after reading this review. http://www.ride.co.uk/upload/Ride%20...ist%20test.pdf I should have it next week, and I'll let you all know if it's any good.
This Shift It Anti Fog Visor Spray - Biker Stocking Fillers - Ghostbikes.com works reasonably well, but you still have to crack your visor open when stopped, or in very slow moving traffic. Saying that, this AGV K-3 is the worst helmet I've ever had for fogging.

This Respro: Urban Commuting - Motorcycling - Foggy Mask is the way to go, works great. You can even keep your visor closed when stopped, most of the time.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #42

Garage

I feel I should post another update. Last week, we reached freezing temperatures and even the mighty Pinlock fogged on the inside. It seems the weakness is that even though it can trap the pocket of air over the surface of the visor, it then covers it with another surface which is perhaps less likely to suffer fogging, but still relies on chemical coatings which can only prevent so much.

I'm looking into the Foggy Mask now, too. I think diverting as much condensation from contacting the screen in the first place makes a lot of sense. I'm surprised more manufacturers haven't figured that out.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-02-2012, 01:00 PM   #43

My GF's Scorpion helmet has that fog-resistant visor and that little piece that diverts air from her nose and mouth away from the visor itself. She has way less of a fog problem than me. I envy her gear on all fronts. I helped her pick it out and know way more about it now than when I got mine years ago. Anyway, I just found out the pinlock system is available for my current helmet, so I may jump on the bandwagon and give that a shot.
Old 11-03-2012, 08:19 PM   #44

Garage

Just got the Respro Foggy in the mail, seems alright, installation (kinda just jam it into the front of your helmet) was simple enough, I'll see how well it works tommorow.
Old 11-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #45

Still waiting for mine... For a week now the UK Royal Mail website says they gave the package to USPS and USPS website says they're waiting to get the package from Royal Mail.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #46

Garage

Pretty impressive!

I rode around out there this morning (around freezing) for about half an hour with the visor completely closed the whole time and noticed only a tiny amount of fog at the top of the visor (where it doesn't impact my view) while riding, even at the longer red lights.

I also kept the visor down while fueling the bike and that was the worst it got, and it was a fairly mild fogging that cleared as soon as I got moving.

I'm satisfied, it's a significant improvement (I may have to order one for my other helmet) definitely worth the money.

I am going to have to monkey around with it a bit as it interferes with the speakers and mic for my Bluetooth stuff a bit, but not a deal breaker at all.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mugwug For This Useful Post:
Rusty Shackleford (11-04-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #47

I received my Respro Foggy Mask yesterday night and used it this morning to commute under a bit of rain. Works perfect. No fogging at red lights anymore.

Only con point I noticed during that one ride was that when I checked my blind spots at freeway speed it redirected the wind straight to my eye. I hope I can get that away with a bit of position adjustment.
Old 11-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #48

One word -> PINLOCK

Problem solved
Old 12-27-2012, 10:59 AM   #49

Try my cheapest way, wipe the visor (inside part) with soap and water.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #50

Garage

I got a kick out of the Respro folks' attitude:

"The Foggy® Breathguard. As you know, visor fogging is a major problem for all bikers and pillion riders - it would be good for car drivers too - if they could see in the first place!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement