Ethanol? No Thanks . . . - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2012, 01:59 PM   #21

Garage

Lets not forget why Ethanol was first being put into gasoline. It replaced MTBE as a oxygenate. MTBE replaced Lead as the primary oxygenate, both of which have been found to cause harm to the environment and its occupants. So far, Ethanol is a much safer oxygenate, minus the algae blooms, water contamination, soil contamination and soil degradation caused by the current monoculture of growing inedible field corn. Oxygenates are used to increase the octane number of fuel helping with knocking and making it burn cleaner, releasing less unspent fuel which improves the emissions of vehicles. So it seems that not only are they adding Ethanol into fuel to lower the fuel consumption but also to decrease emissions, especially for the people who refuse to give up their suburbans, etc (only referring to the people who don't need them).

Its amazing how many people drive around empty full size SUV's from work to home, from work to lunch, from lunch to work, and from work to home. Its a complete waste of energy, something that most of Europe has figured out but the US has yet to admit there is a problem. Sorry, separate issue.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 PM   #22

On this topic, I love ethanol, but for a different reason. My car is an Evo. I am supposed to run premium fuel, but an easy conversion to e85 is all it took. Pump, 1100cc injectors, and a tune, raised my hp by 94ish, along with torque almost equivalent. When you get to the high ethanol, it's octane rating is the same as c16 race fuel, significantly cheaper, but 30% less mileage

I'd use it in my bike without a doubt if I could a respectable power increase

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #23

regardless of electric bikes being our future,
fact is today, honda has designed and built a new
engine and is selling it worldwide, to us, its owners..
fact is it is less damaging to the environment and to
traffic congestion, parking loads and road carnage
than oversized fuel guzzling automobiles..

and the further fact remains that politicians seem
intent upon forcing us, to put in our cbr250r
motorcycles for which it is not, suited,
and according to unbiassed authorities
can and will result in poorer performance,
less power, lower mileage, thus greater pollution,
and last but not least [if your a cbr250r owner]
damage to the engine and components, thus
inevitably, higher service time and costs..

in the real world of, now, i choose to not
put this damaging fuel in my cbr250r..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement