Backpacks?? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 PM Thread Starter

Backpacks??

Hey all,

I have been looking at backpacks to carry stuff whilst riding.

I noticed that the 'Motorcycle' backpacks are pretty expensive.

Any suggestions on alternatives would be appreciated.

I understand that I don't want 'flappy bits' all over in the wind and that 'motorcycle' backpacks can alleviate that issue.

I am thinking maybe a skater brand would be good so that I can use the skateboard attachment to attach my helmet when i'm off the bike.

Many thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 02:34 PM

Although there are subtle things here and there that make a backpack more suitable for bikes, you can definitely go without one.

I think the most important thing are chest straps with buckles. They keep the shoulder straps from sliding off. Waist straps/buckles are also good to keep the weight off your shoulders. Just tie down any extra bits that are flapping around.
post #3 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 02:37 PM

I use my regular backpack to commute to work. It's not an issue at all, i just tighten the belts so that it sticks to my back and does not catch in the wind. The belts fly a bit behind but the only reason I know it is because i see it in my mirrors; i don't feel it. If it can help it's a Targus but really it has nothing special except maybe being a bit flat, not big at all:
Amazon.com: Targus Crave Backpack Case Designed for 16 Inch Laptops TSB15801US (Black): Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: Targus Crave Backpack Case Designed for 16 Inch Laptops TSB15801US (Black): Computers & Accessories

NorthernLights

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Following User Says Thank You to northernlights For This Useful Post:
Boomer1911A1 (11-06-2012)
post #4 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 02:43 PM

Mountain Equipment Co-op

They have expensive packs and cheap ones. Quality is good. I have a small 7L pack that has been through hell and back.

“The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you." - Robert M. Pirsig
post #5 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 03:01 PM

I was actually wondering the same thing about a good cheap backpack that would fit a full face helmet inside.
post #6 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 03:10 PM

why would you wanna carry your helmet around anyway just latch it onto your bike and forget about it. only thing that goes with me is my jacket because there is no way to secure it to the bike. but as far as your question goes i have a bugout brand back pack it has a spot for a removable bladder if you wanted to fill it up with water for a long trip or watever, it has several pockets and has shoulder straps chest strap and waist strap when you snap everything and snug it down its not going anywhere i think i paid around 70 bucks for it
post #7 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 03:18 PM

I don't like leaving my helmet attached to the bike; too easy for mischief to occur. I usually just carry the helmet like a bucket containing my gloves, sunglasses, and keys, and wear the backpack (I admit it, my man-purse!) into whatever establishment I'm patronizing.
post #8 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 03:20 PM

would you rather mischief to occur on a 100-300 helmet or a 4000-18000k bike which you have to ride back and forth from whatever establishment your patronizing in. i would much rather them mess with my helmet steal my gloves etc vs messing with my bike thats just my .02 cents
post #9 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 03:24 PM

Garage
I would suggest a water proof or at least water resistant back pack. Also, a bright color will help people driving cars notice you. I have a small to medium size bright orange North Face hiking backpack which is awesome.
post #10 of 18 Old 11-06-2012, 03:34 PM

I personally use my Hawg NV from camelbak. It's a great bag with a ton of usable space, designed for mountain biking, which I also do. But it's great at any event really, and keeps my back sweat free due to the back design... expensive yes, but so far worth every penny

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page