after 2800 miles.... - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #1

Default after 2800 miles....

hey guys, new rider in las vegas, 2012 cbr250 with abs, just hit the 2800 mile mark after approx 2 months

-i looove the cbr. i had a phase (1500 to 2500 miles) where i really wanted to upgrade to something more powerful and then i rode a cbr 600. the power was nice but it wasn't as fun to ride. i can't say enough about the lightness and flickability of the 250.

-is it common to blip the throttle when you downshift? i've tried it both ways and i can't discern a significant difference (occasionally while blipping, i can tell it downshifts more smoothly). will this make a difference in long run?

-yeah, i know, search function. when gassing up, i alternate between using the 87 and 89 fuel rating. does it really matter between those two fuels?

-yesterday, i almost when down for the first time. there were two european-style roundabouts, i went through the first one at speed but nice and smooth, on the second one, as i was leaned over, i passed over a white turn arrow painted on the road, as soon as it touched my rear tire, my tire started to slide out from underneath me, without thinking i put down my left boot for a split second , as soon as it touched the asphalt i was instantaneously upright. i think i got lucky. would high quality tires make a difference in a situation like that?

i appreciate your opinions.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 08:13 PM   #2

I run 93 in my bike and it seems to burn more efficient in miles per tank. Power about the same. And about the tires on paint no new tires won't help. It's just slick road paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-07-2012, 08:18 PM   #3

It does not matter. You can use 87 and everything will be fine.
Old 11-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #4

Glad to hear you stayed up, vagabond!

Where were the roundabouts? I have two near me, off buffalo and blue diamond and I love riding them.

There are loads in Summerlin too.

Maybe you should avoid there!

******************** those Europeans!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-07-2012, 09:07 PM   #5

Garage

Even though I questioned it at first, I am now a firm believer in blipping the throttle for down shifting.

2 finger braking, blipping throttle

And anything over 87 is a waste of money. The bike was designed to run on 87, sometimes more isn't better.

Stay off road paint when its wet and don't brake or hit the throttle abruptly while you back tire is on road paint.

Last edited by ecustu7; 11-07-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #6

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecustu7 View Post
Even though I questioned it at first, I am now a firm believer in blipping the throttle for down shifting.

2 finger braking, blipping throttle

And anything over 87 is a waste of money. The bike was designed to run on 87, sometimes more isn't better.

Stay off road paint when its wet and don't brake or hit the throttle abruptly while you back tire is on road paint.
In the book the bike comes with it states a min of 91 ron. I personally use 98ron in everything I have lawn mower, etc & they all run so much better. In the boat it makes a huge difference to the power (50hp 3cyl mercury outboard).
Old 11-08-2012, 03:21 AM   #7

Thanks guys.

cbrocker, how are you liking your new ride? Yeah, it was a roundabout in summerlin where I almost went down.

I'm practicing the two finger clutch and brake, its not entirely intuitive, but I can tell it can give you more precise control.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
Thanks guys.

cbrocker, how are you liking your new ride? Yeah, it was a roundabout in summerlin where I almost went down.

I'm practicing the two finger clutch and brake, its not entirely intuitive, but I can tell it can give you more precise control.
I'm loving the new ride. Just staying around locally at the moment because I haven't done my msf yet.

I've done around 80 miles up to now.

It makes me happy that you decided that you like the 250 over the 600 because I was thinking that I'd want something faster within the year.

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-08-2012, 06:44 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboo View Post
In the book the bike comes with it states a min of 91 ron. I personally use 98ron in everything I have lawn mower, etc & they all run so much better. In the boat it makes a huge difference to the power (50hp 3cyl mercury outboard).
87 ron in America is the same as our 91 ron. Why they rate them differently I don't know, but that's the way it is. I only run standard unleaded in mine. When I got it I used premium for a couple of tanks (95ron) but thought I'd try 91 and I didn't have any difference in economy so since then I've been using it. I still get over 300km to a tank which isn't bad for $15 or so
The Following User Says Thank You to bods For This Useful Post:
ecustu7 (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 07:02 AM   #10

Garage

I've noticed with my dirt bike it's just got better response with 98, or steep jumps it climes better. Same with the car, also the edge trimmer & lawn mower start Easyer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement