Had a minor heart attack - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #11

Plus 1 on the track days. Tracks are so much better than public roads. And not that expensive compared to car track days...
And if you think scraping a peg causes a pucker, try dragging your knee! It vibrates your whole leg.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to Boomer1911A1 For This Useful Post:
Gungnir (11-13-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 03:51 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecustu7 View Post
Be careful not to push your luck

I will be carefull. I'm definitely not going to take any chances. Tomorrow I will be going to an empty parking lot for practice.

Sent from my LT26i using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-13-2012, 03:55 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer1911A1 View Post
Plus 1 on the track days. Tracks are so much better than public roads. And not that expensive compared to car track days...
And if you think scraping a peg causes a pucker, try dragging your knee! It vibrates your whole leg.
I don't know whether I'll get my knee down on Sunday, but I can believe that your whole leg vibrates.

I'm definitively posting pics of the track day!!!

Sent from my LT26i using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #14

just for fun or as part of conscious skills training
try cutting an L shape fm a plastic ice cream container [etc]
tape it to your footpegs, adding an inch or so as you like,
then ride thru familiar corners, roundabouts etc..

obviously you now hve a longer more forgiving feeler..
ride with your mind on the corner and good balance etc, etc,
as you would normally, not overly distracted by the plastic feeler,,
just another way to ease into finding your and the bikes
contact points and lean angles etc..

instead of going into the unknown, your brain will know that
you have already been there before, thus no unwanted tension
from potential fear responses from the unknown [plus danger!]..

even if you only take the plastic close to your footpegs,
or from wherever you start, it still gives your brain
something to go by and to learn from..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shisoshin For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (11-13-2012), Gungnir (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #15

Garage

Yea, was scary 1st time I did it, and then it was like YEAAAHHHHHH BOOOOIIIIIIIII! LOL

1st time I scraped a peg was doing figure 8's in a parking lot maybe 7k miles ago...
The Following User Says Thank You to FlipKickz For This Useful Post:
Gungnir (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 06:03 PM   #16

Your description was a rush.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael Dupri For This Useful Post:
Gungnir (11-14-2012), lewiCBR250R (11-14-2012)
Old 11-13-2012, 06:09 PM   #17

You're probably a little too stiff on the bike since you're just learning. Had you shifted your weight (and butt) to the inside of the curve it would have helped bring the bike back into your lane a lot quicker.
Once you start learning to scoot around on the seat more you'll really start having fun!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TrueFaith For This Useful Post:
Gungnir (11-14-2012), Jme250RA (11-13-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 01:16 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith View Post
You're probably a little too stiff on the bike since you're just learning. Had you shifted your weight (and butt) to the inside of the curve it would have helped bring the bike back into your lane a lot quicker.
Once you start learning to scoot around on the seat more you'll really start having fun!
I am a lot more relaxed on the bike than I was a month ago.

I usually try to put my weight on the inside of the curve, but i am not really scooting around a lot. Just little movements to shift my weight. I got rid of the death grip after about 4 days of riding, and my shoulders aren't tense anymore, but what i have noticed is that my legs are still kind-of gripping the tank like a vice when i'm going around corners. I just can't seem to get the message through to them that everything will be fine. Hopefully i'll loosen up with some more experience.

This is one of the reasons why i'm doing an advanced rider course this weekend. Hopefully that will put my mind at ease.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:55 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
I am a lot more relaxed on the bike than I was a month ago.

I usually try to put my weight on the inside of the curve, but i am not really scooting around a lot. Just little movements to shift my weight. I got rid of the death grip after about 4 days of riding, and my shoulders aren't tense anymore, but what i have noticed is that my legs are still kind-of gripping the tank like a vice when i'm going around corners. I just can't seem to get the message through to them that everything will be fine. Hopefully i'll loosen up with some more experience.

This is one of the reasons why i'm doing an advanced rider course this weekend. Hopefully that will put my mind at ease.
Just remember that the whole purpose of leaning is to use your weight as a counter balance to the bikes inertia and forward momentum. Every track rider will tell you, your not trying to lean the bike over as much as you can but rather leaning your body off the bike to use your weight to assist in the turn. The bike will naturally lean because of the shift in weight but will remain upright due to the physics involved.

The goal is to lean off with the right amount of weight to capture the optimal line of attack into and out of a corners apex without sacrificing overall stability. The more the bike leans, the less contact surface the tires have with the road, more likely your tires are to lose traction and lowside. Knee dragging is fun but not necessary in every cornering situation.
Old 11-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRA5H185 View Post
Just remember that the whole purpose of leaning is to use your weight as a counter balance to the bikes inertia and forward momentum. Every track rider will tell you, your not trying to lean the bike over as much as you can but rather leaning your body off the bike to use your weight to assist in the turn. The bike will naturally lean because of the shift in weight but will remain upright due to the physics involved.

The goal is to lean off with the right amount of weight to capture the optimal line of attack into and out of a corners apex without sacrificing overall stability. The more the bike leans, the less contact surface the tires have with the road, more likely your tires are to lose traction and lowside. Knee dragging is fun but not necessary in every cornering situation.
Thanks for the advice!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement