Had a minor heart attack - Page 3 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecustu7 View Post
I have recently found counter steering to be very important in this kind of situation. Im not sure how I was steering before, but now in a sharp corner, say to the right, If I push slightly (Like turning left) on the right handle bar and lean right it feels a lot more stable and I feel I can push it harder than without counter steering.
you were countersteering before. everytime you go around the corner you countersteer. e.g.

- Black Adjustable Levers
- HRC Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Hotbodies FE Kit
- 16,000km's in 12 months

2011 GSX-R600 Black

Last edited by lewiCBR250R; 11-14-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to lewiCBR250R For This Useful Post:
Michael Dupri (11-14-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:42 PM   #22

you guys that are scraping pegs... what tires are you running on? stock or something else. What were the climate conditions? (sunny and warm?)
I ask because on a track day my (bias ply) stock IRC felt squirmy but several others had a cbr250 with non stock tires and they were almost laying the bike down they were so far leaned over. The weather that day was warm and sunny (25+C)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-15-2012, 09:15 AM   #23

I've got a little more than 2000km on my stock tires. I'm still using them. I haven't noticed that they are squirmy, but then again... I have nothing to compare them to.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #24

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R View Post
you were countersteering before. everytime you go around the corner you countersteer. e.g.
]
Agreed, but now I know what I was doing and that I can put more pressure on the opposite bar to turn tighter if I need to.

good videos
Old 11-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #25

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyway6 View Post
you guys that are scraping pegs... what tires are you running on? stock or something else. What were the climate conditions? (sunny and warm?)
I ask because on a track day my (bias ply) stock IRC felt squirmy but several others had a cbr250 with non stock tires and they were almost laying the bike down they were so far leaned over. The weather that day was warm and sunny (25+C)
When going around sharp long corners the bike felt squirly, at the time I thought it was my tires but now I think it's because I wasn't putting enough pressure on the opposite bar (counter steering). Because now I have better tires and it can still feel squirly if I don't use enough pressure but when I add more pressure she feels fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to ecustu7 For This Useful Post:
Gungnir (11-15-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #26

I get a kick out of the crowd who loves to tell others how irresponsible and stupid it is to ride without gear and then in the same breath brag about how they routinely put their lives and others at risk by riding like idiots on public roads.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyble View Post
I get a kick out of the crowd who loves to tell others how irresponsible and stupid it is to ride without gear and then in the same breath brag about how they routinely put their lives and others at risk by riding like idiots on public roads.

Where exactly did I (or anyone else for that matter) mention not wearing gear in the same breath as bragging about riding like an idiot on a public roads? Refer me to this post, if you please.

I was not boasting, I was simply stating what had happened to me when I entered a corner a bit hot (I was not going into the corner at 160km/h like a idiot) I was simply a bit faster than what I am used to, which quite frankly wasn't that fast. It was above my riding skill and I wanted to get some input from other "idiots" who like me ACCIDENTALLY went into a corner a bit hot. How they handled it and what I can do to improve my skills, because unlike you who clearly sees himself as a motorbike god who had never in his exceptional live made one mistake, I like to learn from mine. But then again I am an idiot, so what do I know..

I am certain of one fact though. You did not pass your reading comprehension test. So please don't try to hijack a thread where actual usefull information is exchanged. Information that might just save peoples lives if they ever get in the same situation.

Sent from my Xperia S using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-15-2012, 03:11 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyble View Post
Sorry Goyble, you seem to be lost; that thread is going on somewhere else . . . .
Old 11-15-2012, 11:57 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Where exactly did I (or anyone else for that matter) mention not wearing gear in the same breath as bragging about riding like an idiot on a public roads? Refer me to this post, if you please.
I wasn't directing my words to you or anyone specific but be assured that some of the very same people talking about racing around on public roads are the same people who love to lecture others on safety issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goyble For This Useful Post:
Gungnir (11-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement