Gas overflow? - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #1

Question Gas overflow?

Likely stupid question #485, but out of interest does anyone know where the gas tank overflow actually goes? I'm assuming it's one of the hoses/tubes down near the kickstand/breather hose/tube, but I'm not sure.

Reason for asking is when I store the bike (possibly this weekend) I want to fill the tank to the brim, but also don't want gas 'leaking' over any part of the bike. If a bit comes out a hose near the ground (few drops), then it's of no real concern to me.

Thanks in advance

Bike: 2014 Honda CBR650F (Silver)
Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver) - Sold @ 12,734KM (gone but not forgotten)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 06:55 PM   #2

Thanked 1,471 Times in 754 Posts

Yes, the fuel overflow is one of them pipes hanging down underneath the bike, and it shouldn't drip, unless you overfill it.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #3

Not 100% sure, but that's where it was on my Ninja250R, right next to the coolant overflow tube. I haven't really checked my CBR, but it's probably in the same place.
Don't forget that gasoline expands and contracts inside the tank depending on the ambient temperature. If you fill it up too much and it gets warm outside you could have a mess. That's why Honda recommends only filling it to the bottom of the cage inside the cap and not all the way up.
The Following User Says Thank You to TrueFaith For This Useful Post:
SDM (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 10:39 PM   #4

cool -- makes sense and is what I thought. For the record, I typically never overfill, but given winter is fast approaching (and every tank might be the last), I'd rather have a tiny bit drip than leave an air gap and get rust in my tank.

Bike: 2014 Honda CBR650F (Silver)
Past: 2011 Honda CBR250RA (Red/Silver) - Sold @ 12,734KM (gone but not forgotten)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement