Decisions decisions..... - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #1

Default Decisions decisions.....

Well it looks like the season is coming to an end and the new 500s are out from Honda...and I love the look of them!
Unfortunately I can't decide what to do....whether to upgrade to the bigger motor, seat, 2up capability, probably better luggage setup

OR

just keep the 250 and continue on with it as its proven itself to be a good bike wi some shortcomings and very few complaints.

I got a bit of the touring bug and plan on extending my touring distances next year. My biggest complaint is the seat, and the fact the gf complains about the rear seat within 2hrs of starting.

I know it's a very personal decision to move up or not, and obviously this site is a bit biased towards the 250 but what do you guys think?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 09:23 AM   #2

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,200 Posts

I think we need more cbr500 threads in cbr250 general discussion.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aufitt For This Useful Post:
Michael (11-17-2012), SirFox (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
I think we need more cbr500 threads in cbr250 general discussion.
LoL you're right I didn't catch that. Ok let's say whether to upgrade to more st oriented bikes...gs650f, versys, vstrom, and gsx650f are all on my list of bikes that I'm currently considering.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimico_polak View Post
keep the 250 and
buy another one for the girlfriend.

That's what I did for my ex-girlfriend (albeit not CBR250Rs)..... and paid off the balance on her father's motorcycle (and loaned her friend money to buy one too, which she did not repay)

After a bit Lady Never Enough wanted to get around in car, so I told her she should find a boyfriend with one. She did, and sold the motorcycle to help him pay it off. A few months later she thought that wasn't such a smart idea, but too late. the bridge had been burned.

Hopefully your girlfriend is a bit more appreciative and has a bit more common sense.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ajmick/dream
Old 11-17-2012, 10:46 AM   #5

Garage

I would say for riding 2 up that you need a bigger bike. The problem with that is how long is it going to last. My ex wife wanted to ride with me all the time at first, but that didn't last long, so I was glad that I didn't buy a bike for that purpose (at the time I had a different bike). Im keeping my 250 because I no longer need to ride 2 up and its perfect for a single occupant.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:52 AM   #6

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,200 Posts

Get a lighter Missus, and more importantly, one who doesnt complain.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aufitt For This Useful Post:
Michael (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #7

Thanked 1,492 Times in 764 Posts

I think the CBR 250R is great at most things, but two up touring isn't one of them. If you're going to be doing this on a regular basis, you need a bigger bike, that's more comfortable for the pillion.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Old 11-17-2012, 01:45 PM   #8

Garage

Go for the CB500X!!
Old 11-17-2012, 02:11 PM   #9
NSU

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimico_polak View Post
I got a bit of the touring bug and plan on extending my touring distances next year. My biggest complaint is the seat, and the fact the gf complains about the rear seat within 2hrs of starting.
They make bikes for that. The 500s aren't them.
Old 11-17-2012, 02:19 PM   #10

Thanked 1,492 Times in 764 Posts

A good second hand Deauville should be perfect for your requirements. There's plenty about, they're very reliable, and you can buy a real good one for not a lot of money.

GL1800 Gold Wing Deluxe | Tourers | Motorcycles | Honda (UK)

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement