Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Best Aftermarket Windscreen

9K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  Empty Sea 
#1 ·
I'm looking at possible Christmas gifts and one thing I would like is a new winscreen... preferably black.

I have seen the ZG one and the Puig and have seen them referenced on the forum a little.

One question: Which is better?

Thanks.

#2 ·
do you mean better in terms of wind deflection, looks, how high the screen sits, how much room there is between the bars and the screen, durability? there are many factors and it will be hard for anyone on here to tell you because they more than likely haven't tried out both windscreens, just one.

there are also different styles of zero gravity windscreens, which one are you referring to? :)

#3 ·
Honestly, I think they both look as good as the other.

Wind deflection mainly...durability is a bonus too, of course.

Thanks

Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App

#7 ·
yeah, they would basically be as good as each other and it would mainly come down to which one you like the look of, price and how durable they are which they would both rival each other.

It's probably best to read reviews of each different screen which should be on here somewhere in other threads and possibly get some replies from people who have used one or the other and try and compare them because unless you know someone with one of these screens on a cbr250r and can ride their bike to try it out you can't really see how well they work :)

i quite like the look of the puig one in a dark smoke or the zero gravity double bubble windscreen, i don't like the look of the sport touring one however. I'm also looking to purchase one, as i like the dark look and the overall look of both screens and the stock one is a bit flimsy too.

Maybe ask live_to_ride as she has the puig windscreen and may have written a review of it on here but she may be able to help you out more on it. I don't know of anyone with a zero gravity though as they are fairly new :)

Reactions: CBRockers
#6 ·
especially when it's plastidipped, you get fantastic benefits such as a great look, and it's basically rubber being sprayed on - not paint, so it can be removed easily and it also adds...wait for it...a protective layer so if stones fly up onto it it wont break :eek::eek: genius! :p

#13 ·
Beware of things that look too good to be true. I'm installing my Puig screen tomorrow. I'll post a few of my initial impressions after I ride with it a little.

#15 ·
Let me know how it goes.

I'm planning on installing mine in the very near future.

I hear you need to take off the whole 'nose' of the bike so i'm thinking it may be worth putting down something soft (like a duvet) to place things on that I don't want to be scratched.

#14 · (Edited)
Puig all the way. I've got the dark smoked yet when tucked I can see clearly thru it. It's a good 2 inches higher than stock with a nice ergo slope that follows the lines of the nose piece. It's a bugger to install as the lip attaches solidly under the plastics but, IMO makes it a solid installation. I've had it 1 1/2 seasons and it stands up wonderfully at highway speeds. Average 140kph with no vibration/shaking. It successfully deflects wind off the arms thereby decreasing forearm fatigue. I am very pleased with the product and highly recommend the Puig. It's not cheap ass material thus adding to the overall quality look of the 250. The stock screen is "unpleasant" to look at. (Along with stock exhaust....what were the designers thinking?).

#16 ·
I just installed my Puig DB the other day and the whole front end needs to come off. I've done a fair amount of work on my bike so I had everything disassembled in about 1/2 an hour. You just have to watch when you are removing the headlight from the fairings. There are two little tabs from the fairings on either side of the headlight that can break off rather easily. Just be careful and slide the headlight back to disengage them.

#20 ·
I got the Honda touring wind screen from Tyga and installed it during lunch. Much better riding experience. I do not know how it compares with the others but I am happy with it. Cost about $140 with shipping from Thailand. Keeps wind off your body pretty well. Makes riding in winter a lot better experience. Installs over old screen but fits pretty well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.