CBR250R Wheelie - Page 4 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors
View Poll Results: do you like wheelies ?
yes , i like them 41 63.08%
no , i don't like them 10 15.38%
who cares !? 14 21.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty21 View Post
Nice control SS, props out to you bud.

It's sad to see that people lack the respect for the freestyle world, I remember a few years ago everyone gave us disrespect in the FMX realm too.
thanks Shifty .. i too remember this ^

...haters were like "wtf are these guys doing jumping around doing tricks , they should get on the dirt track and blah blah blah"

and now mx freestyle is awesome .... who knew you could do a front or double backflip on a motorcycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jme250RA View Post
He called SS a boorish braggart without knowing the first thing about him. There is nothing boorish about knowing how to pop a wheelie and I don't believe he was bragging about being able to! Although SS's replies may, at times, seem a little over the top, he's still within his rights to reply in kind.
thank you you hit the nail on the head

there's all kinds of ways you can ride a motorcycle...

you can track'em , just plain ride'em , you can stretch-out the swing-arm and drive them up a cliff , you can race-drifting'em , you can supermoto'em ..you can even put them inside a steel ball and ride in circles ...whatever the point is , don't run around saying: "these rude braggers and their style of riding , they should stunt so they can get respect , but I reckon there could be a bit of learning to eat humble pie on the way." ..... < THAT would make me a "boorish braggart"....

.... which let's me know these trolls are just projecting them selfs with the sneaky insults

thanks again to anyone that posted their opinion , whatever that may have been , and not insulting me in the process

BTW-wonder how that "humble pie" would taste for some of these haters if they did try giving freestyle riding a shot ?........
same as the time they had to go to the Phuket clinic , i suppose ....

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 10:54 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jme250RA View Post
He called SS a boorish braggart without knowing the first thing about him. There is nothing boorish about knowing how to pop a wheelie and I don't believe he was bragging about being able to! Although SS's replies may, at times, seem a little over the top, he's still within his rights to reply in kind.
I think we have learned a bit about the OP since he burst on the scene with his braggart videos of showy riding antics that would be acceptable in the right place.

Public roads are not the place to show off. Maybe a motorcycle forum is I dunno; he has his friends, admirers and supporters (mods amongst them) but not all are so enamoured.

Some of his comments on some threads (including some that I started) have been pointless and uncalled for.

I deal with cocky youngsters of the same ilk everyday. They can shape up or ship off; I'm not bothered. If they do shape up and perform well against their peers they become worthy of respect.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ajmick/dream
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-06-2012, 11:02 PM   #33

Thanked 1,303 Times in 694 Posts
Garage

^if ur not bothered then why do you respond? Why feed into his retoric? If ur not a fan make the choice to back off.
The Following User Says Thank You to live_to_ride For This Useful Post:
Street Sniper (12-06-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 12:24 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
Some of his comments on some threads (including some that I started) have been pointless and uncalled for.
pointless and uncalled threads (including all the ones you have started) get pointless and uncalled comments ...... like the one you just posted

stop worrying about what goes on in another side world.....

this is you...

this is America....

don't like it .... don't watch
Old 12-07-2012, 12:45 AM   #35

Thanked 1,303 Times in 694 Posts
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by live_to_ride View Post
^if ur not bothered then why do you respond? Why feed into his retoric? If ur not a fan make the choice to back off.
PS....I'm SS first fan. I love the stunts. Worked/followed as a medic a dirtbike stunt racing season. These guys were awesome. Patched up some serious injuries. Tough duded AND girls. Total respect for the talent
The Following User Says Thank You to live_to_ride For This Useful Post:
Street Sniper (12-07-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 12:46 AM   #36

Quote:
The cute kid is an attention seeker. If he doesn't like some of the attention he gets, tough. I have been quite easy on him, maybe too easy.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/ajmick/dream

Last edited by Michael; 12-07-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:33 AM   #37

Garage

^ Who are you? His dad? "I've been quite easy on him, maybe too easy". What's next, Dad, no TV for a week?

At least SS seeks attention by showing off his riding skills. You seek it by posting crap like this here.

I, like L2R and many others, appreciate the skill SS and other stunters possess. My only issue is with demonstrating these skills on public streets. I have heard SS's reasons for doing this and, frankly, I don't find justification in any of them. However, I have expressed my thoughts on this and have moved on. Time for you to move on, too, Dad.

Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Empty Sea For This Useful Post:
ecustu7 (12-07-2012), lewiCBR250R (12-07-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Sea View Post
^ Who are you? His dad? "I've been quite easy on him, maybe too easy". What's next, Dad, no TV for a week?

At least SS seeks attention by showing off his riding skills. You seek it by posting crap like this here.

I, like L2R and many others, appreciate the skill SS and other stunters possess. My only issue is with demonstrating these skills on public streets. I have heard SS's reasons for doing this and, frankly, I don't find justification in any of them. However, I have expressed my thoughts on this and have moved on. Time for you to move on, too, Dad.
thank MTC .... had you all wrong man

will try not to ride like that on the streets from now on...even though i really didn't , just to make the videos ...and that ,was on the most deserted street i could find (only thing after that is the glades) ...and that was just to prove a point that i think has already been proven.

still would prefer an empty lot before a empty street any day , think any real freestyle rider knows the additional dangers the streets pose and no one's out there to crash and get hurt.

anyways , you don't like people stunting on public roads , just don't pay any attention to them (good or bad).... like a LEO told me: "who cares , we'll just scrape'em off the road later"

will also try not to pay attention to these trolls from now on...
feel bad for any "youngster" that has to "shape up and perform well against their peers" in order to "become worthy of respect"

don't seek attention but do like to share information ,...and since this was cbr250.net i figure , what the heck ?

Quote:
Patched up some serious injuries. Tough duded AND girls. Total respect for the talent
girls can't ride !!...........................: rolleyes:

some guys hate when a girl can do something better than they can

BTW- love her shoes ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
The cute kid is an attention seeker. If he doesn't like some of the attention he gets, tough. I have been quite easy on him, maybe too easy.
Riveting.

Absolutely riveting.

Please continue.

Last edited by Street Sniper; 12-07-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: love kicks
Old 12-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #39

Garage

Pssst... SS. My issue is not about whether the stunters are endangering themselves ("anyways , you don't like people stunting on public roads , just don't pay any attention to them (good or bad).... like a LEO told me: "who cares , we'll just scrape'em off the road later" "). My issue is that they are endangering others by making it more difficult to anticipate their actions which often leads to a bad decision being made. Your LEO didn't tell you about the mom in the mini-van who swerved to avoid a stunter and hit a light pole..or another car..or bike..or pedestrian. Should that mom innately know that the stunter will pull out of her lane in time and she should just hold her line? I dunno, maybe. I guess we can all be better drivers, but it's a lot to ask of anyone to anticipate the actions of a guy popping a wheelie while dragging his hand along the ground behind him...regardless of how amazingly skilled he must be to do it. The preceding comments are really not a criticism of you, SS, just of the on-the-public-road aspect of stunting.

SS, I know next to nothing about stunt riding, or if there is a stunt riding association to promote the sport, but if there is one, why not join it and use the forces of that association to promote stunt "track days" or other events? If there isn't one, maybe you can be the next Wally Parks, who founded the NHRA and has been credited for helping move drag racing from an illegal activity to a major motorsport. Think about it. You have a passion for this sport and could probably win over other stunters to the idea of making this a more legitimate activity.

Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM   #40

Funny to think that if someone was to post a video of them carving a canyon road that has traffic, grinding peg and pushing the tyres to the limits, everyone would give him props and congrats him on his riding skill. Then SS puts up a video of him doing a 30 mph wheelie on a quiet road and people bash him for being childish and stupid and reckless.
Sad just sad

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Motorcycle.com Free App
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shifty21 For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (12-08-2012), Juzman (11-11-2013), lewiCBR250R (12-07-2012), Street Sniper (12-07-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement