CBR250R Wheelie - Page 6 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors
View Poll Results: do you like wheelies ?
yes , i like them 41 63.08%
no , i don't like them 10 15.38%
who cares !? 14 21.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne G Oldman View Post
I've seen too many people killed or seriously maimed to convince me that it's worth it.

you've seen people get killed or seriously maimed from freestyle riding !?

i HAVE seen people get hurt from freestyle riding and im sure that any track is just as , if not more , dangerous than freestyle riding

this is starting to smell like a re-run

Fascinating...

I'm yet to be convinced of either.

Please continue.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #52

Thanked 1,462 Times in 750 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Sniper View Post
you don't really have to ... they got girls on the tracks too .... and they're not holding umbrellas neither

Girls On Motorcycles - YouTube

girls that drive motorcycles are awesome ......

....they're already awesome , just a little extra when they ride
Nice. Them girls have more sense than to do stupid ******************** on public roads (apart from Trinity at the end, but she's not real).

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #53

Quote:
you've seen people get killed or seriously maimed from freestyle riding !?

i HAVE seen people get hurt from freestyle riding and im sure that any track is just as , if not more , dangerous than freestyle riding

this is starting to smell like a re-run

Fascinating...

I'm yet to be convinced of either.

Please continue.
I've seen people killed from riding like an idiot on a public road. Trust me, it's not pretty. Riding on a track is far safer than riding on the streets. Let's stop right here, I can't be bothered arguing any more.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:41 AM   #54

Quote:
I've seen people killed from riding like an idiot on a public road. Trust me, it's not pretty. Riding on a track is far safer than riding on the streets. Let's stop right here, I can't be bothered arguing any more.
Fantabsalating.

Absolutely fantabsalating.

Page 30 this way >

BTW-riding like a idiot and freestyle riding is not the same thing... regardless of where the motorcycle is driven

...and you say , "the track is "safer" than the streets" !? ... ha , sound like you've never even been to the track .... don't let the real track-heads read this nonsense.

there no "safer" on a motorcycle .... regardless of where the motorcycle is driven
Old 12-08-2012, 12:57 AM   #55

Quote:
Nice. Them girls have more sense than to do stupid ******************** on public roads (apart from Trinity at the end, but she's not real).
yeah , im sure these girls DO have more sense than to do stupid ************ on public roads .... they're freestyle riders

BTW- do these streets look familiar to you Wynne ?

Old 12-08-2012, 07:41 AM   #56

Quote:
...and you say , "the track is "safer" than the streets" !? ... ha , sound like you've never even been to the track .... don't let the real track-heads read this nonsense.
What I meant to say is it's safer to ride a bike fast on the track than it is on roads. This road safety commercial sums it up quite nicely.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wynne G Oldman For This Useful Post:
ecustu7 (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 07:47 AM   #57

Quote:
yeah , im sure these girls DO have more sense than to do stupid ************ on public roads .... they're freestyle riders

BTW- do these streets look familiar to you Wynne ?

Chesca Miles UK female street bike freestyle rider - 2011 teaser. - YouTube
Very nice, she's very good. It's London, I've never been to that part myself. I don't have any problem with this at all, Chesca's riding in an empty car park (parking lot for you Yanks). It's just doing this sort of thing, or anything dangerous, on a public highway, that I object to.

Old 12-08-2012, 12:15 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty Sea View Post
Shifty misses the point...at least my point...again. THAT is the sad part.
Oh don't you worry, never missed it. Just wanted to state mine that people are quick to jump on a stunter than someone doing a high speed run. My comment wasn't aimed at you it was a general comment...........

Now for another general comment... If you feel a wheelie is unsafe on public roads then that's fine but just appreciate the video for what it is. A show of balance and control.
Beside who wants to live a "safe" life anyways..... Boring and pointless in my mind. I've broken a lot of bones doing "unsafe" things and don't regret anything because I have a lot of cool and exciting stories to tell lol.

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Motorcycle.com Free App
The Following User Says Thank You to Shifty21 For This Useful Post:
Empty Sea (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 06:46 PM   #59

Garage

I don't understand why we cant all agree that its cool to do stunts but not on a public road. Doing so could put other people in harms way, and thats why it should be done away from traffic.

Yes people speeding does the same thing. When you risk injuring other people because of stunts or other things (texting, eating, reading, excessive speeding, or applying make up while driving), than you are not taking other peoples safety into account and your being selfish.

There is never any reason to do a wheelie on a public road.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecustu7 For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (12-08-2012), Wynne G Oldman (12-08-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 08:40 PM   #60

Well, SS "inspired" me to give it a go...well, a timid go in a totally deserted wiiiidddee open industrial area early on a weekend ;-)

Requires a cr@p load of throttle control working in time with the clutch...only got the wheel a foot or so up and it went down pretty quickly LOL.

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement