CBR250R Wheelie - Page 7 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors
View Poll Results: do you like wheelies ?
yes , i like them 42 63.64%
no , i don't like them 10 15.15%
who cares !? 14 21.21%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne G Oldman View Post
What I meant to say is it's safer to ride a bike fast on the track than it is on roads. This road safety commercial sums it up quite nicely.

No Place to Race - Mick Doohan - Motorbike Crash - YouTube
Yeah, they are on high rotation here in South Australia. Anyone notice Mick's hands and fingers as he walks up...custom set for the grips and levers .

Dave
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #62

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR_Dave View Post
Well, SS "inspired" me to give it a go...well, a timid go in a totally deserted wiiiidddee open industrial area early on a weekend ;-)

Requires a cr@p load of throttle control working in time with the clutch...only got the wheel a foot or so up and it went down pretty quickly LOL.

Dave
I bet it was scary
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
The Following User Says Thank You to ecustu7 For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (12-09-2012)
Old 12-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecustu7 View Post
I don't understand why we cant all agree that its cool to do stunts but not on a public road. Doing so could put other people in harms way, and thats why it should be done away from traffic.
well said ecustu7 , well said ..... away from traffic ....

away .. from .. traffic

Quote:
Yes people speeding does the same thing. When you risk injuring other people because of stunts or other things (texting, eating, reading, excessive speeding, or applying make up while driving), than you are not taking other peoples safety into account and your being selfish.
on this one , (texting, eating, reading, excessive speeding, or applying make up while driving).... excessive speeding is the only thing that can even be related to freestyle riding (keeping in mind if the speeder is fully focused on driving) , and the funny thing , freestyle riders try to go slow as possible (except on stoppies , but then you're slowing down)

Quote:
There is never any reason to do a wheelie on a public road.
never say never
Old 12-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #64

Quote:
Well, SS "inspired" me to give it a go...well, a timid go in a totally deserted wiiiidddee open industrial area early on a weekend ;-)

Requires a cr@p load of throttle control working in time with the clutch...only got the wheel a foot or so up and it went down pretty quickly LOL.

Dave
The addiction has started my friend hahaha

Sent from my HTC-X710a using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #65

Quote:

Dave
right on Dave ... good to hear

..but if you're serious , here a some words of advise..

the CBR250 is not the best motorcycle to learn on..
..by all means , if you like , go for it..more power to you

but the smart way is to get a 50 (crf50) ...you can find them for cheap ($500-1000 avg)...if you can wheelie that , then you might be ready to step up to a street/dirt bike

this is the first steps on the world of freestyle riding..

not to mention they're one of the funnest most dangerous motorcycles on the planet...

BTW- wonder if the size of the bike matters when it comes to stunting in public ?

..really don't think the fitty puts others in danger
The Following User Says Thank You to Street Sniper For This Useful Post:
CBR_Dave (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 01:58 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecustu7 View Post
I bet it was scary
Not really. Straight line, clean wiiiiiiddeeeee open space. As I said I only got the front a foot or so in the air...and only for a second lol. It was enough for me ;-)

Dave
Old 12-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #67

Thanked 2,659 Times in 1,200 Posts

Flipper - YouTube

Here's what happened at our racetrack back in 2007,
this is over the hill at 220-240 kph-
Since then no wheelies allowed haha
Old 12-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #68

i voted yes...!!!
i absolutely love wheelies and motorcycle stunts...ITS JUST THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO PULL ONE OFF

well, i really do want to learn and do it...but just too afraid to scratch my little weebee... i just love my bike too much and cant imagine it getting a scratch..

also, with due respect to everyones opinion and what they said, streetsniper asked if you like wheelies: a) yes, b) no or c)dont care ....

is it so difficult just to choose one if not leave the thread and go somewhere else... do you really need to turn this awesome thread into a debate if bike stunts are safe n where they should performed and stuff.... really..!!!

(please dont start another argument on my reply )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chinmay For This Useful Post:
Jme250RA (12-09-2012), northernlights (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 07:24 AM   #69

Thanked 1,487 Times in 760 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmay View Post
i voted yes...!!!
i absolutely love wheelies and motorcycle stunts...ITS JUST THAT I DONT KNOW HOW TO PULL ONE OFF

well, i really do want to learn and do it...but just too afraid to scratch my little weebee... i just love my bike too much and cant imagine it getting a scratch..

also, with due respect to everyones opinion and what they said, streetsniper asked if you like wheelies: a) yes, b) no or c)dont care ....

is it so difficult just to choose one if not leave the thread and go somewhere else... do you really need to turn this awesome thread into a debate if bike stunts are safe n where they should performed and stuff.... really..!!!

(please dont start another argument on my reply )
I'm not going to start an argument with you Chinmay, but in all fairness, SS did say in the OP "...and if you like to leave a post explaining your choice , like: "i like them , just not in public roads" , that's cool too." Which is what I put, in essence, on my first post in this thread.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Wynne G Oldman For This Useful Post:
Empty Sea (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 10:07 AM   #70

Even though I voted I don't care about wheelies, that threat made me curious: what's the technic of the wheelie? How do you pull one off?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement