About to buy!!!! - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 08:48 PM   #1

Default About to buy!!!! Couple questions?

hopefully I'm not being taken... I just put down a deposit on a new red CBR 250 R with ABS! The only fee that they're charging me is a 300 dollar fee I'm not sure exactly what that's for but they're not charging any other fees out the door price is 5000 dollars. This includes that fee plus tax title plate. Before I send any paperwork I was thinking about asking them to throw in a helmet and pair of gloves. Before 300 dollar fee the price listed was $4199. Brand new no miles. Do you guys think that is a good deal and you think I might be able to push a helmet and gloves out of them?

Also as a first time buyer is there anything I should know before I sign anything?

Last edited by orlcurt; 12-06-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 09:20 PM   #2

I forgot to mention I have some 2013 models in stock pricing was a bit higher.

Got to see the respol as well nice looking but the additional cost was a bit much for the different paint job.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #3
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,087 Times in 1,557 Posts

A 2012 CBR250RA ABS has a MSRP of $4599... so they have penciled that down to $4199, plus $300 = $4499. If the OTD is $5000, then your TT&L is $500, right?... I've no idea what your state sales tax rate (or state motor vehicle excise tax rate), or what the motor vehicle title, license & registration fees are. Does $500 sound right for where you live?... Seems a bit high to me for TT&L.

Here in New Mexico, I paid $163.97 to the state for MVD Excise Tax, Title, and Lic & Reg on my non-ABS CBR, which had a selling price of $4099 plus $175 Doc fees... so $4274 paid OTD to the dealer.

As for getting a "free" helmet and gloves, if they agree to throw in something in the deal, I wouldn't expect to get anything that would be considered high quality. To be honest, I'd much rather work out the best deal on the bike itself, forget the swag gear, and buy the best riding gear that you can afford. Like with so many other things "You Get What You Pay For" applies to so called "free" riding gear.

Are you paying cash, or are you financing through the dealer?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
A 2012 CBR250RA ABS has a MSRP of $4599... so they have penciled that down to $4199, plus $300 = $4499. If the OTD is $5000, then your TT&L is $500, right?... I've no idea what your state sales tax rate (or state motor vehicle excise tax rate), or what the motor vehicle title, license & registration fees are. Does $500 sound right for where you live?... Seems a bit high to me for TT&L.

Here in New Mexico, I paid $163.97 to the state for MVD Excise Tax, Title, and Lic & Reg on my non-ABS CBR, which had a selling price of $4099 plus $175 Doc fees... so $4274 paid OTD to the dealer.

As for getting a "free" helmet and gloves, if they agree to throw in something in the deal, I wouldn't expect to get anything that would be considered high quality. To be honest, I'd much rather work out the best deal on the bike itself, forget the swag gear, and buy the best riding gear that you can afford. Like with so many other things "You Get What You Pay For" applies to so called "free" riding gear.

Are you paying cash, or are you financing through the dealer?

Ill be financing dealer/ honda @2.99% tax here is 6.5% i know the plate alone new plate is over 200 by itself
Old 12-06-2012, 10:25 PM   #5
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,087 Times in 1,557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlcurt View Post
Ill be financing dealer/ honda @2.99% tax here is 6.5% i know the plate alone new plate is over 200 by itself
Wow, Florida hits you hard for the tax, title & license... my excise tax was 3%, or $122.97, and the title, plate and 2 year registration was $41.00.
Old 12-06-2012, 10:27 PM   #6

Sounds like a pretty decent deal for an ABS model if that's the true OTD price. Congrats and welcome, you won't be disappointed by the bike!

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/matao87/cbr250r
Old 12-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMike View Post
Wow, Florida hits you hard for the tax, title & license... my excise tax was 3%, or $122.97, and the title, plate and 2 year registration was $41.00.

If im reading the fee schedule for orange county correctly the first tag/plate is 225 what is not clear is if this applies to motorcycles too...renewel is much cheaper... the fee schedule for registration here is extremely confusing.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:01 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matao87 View Post
Sounds like a pretty decent deal for an ABS model if that's the true OTD price. Congrats and welcome, you won't be disappointed by the bike!

Thanks i knew it was below msrp I scour the internet trying to find what the invoice cost of those are. Whenever I buy a new car I always try to find out what the invoices price is there and use that to negotiate. However trying to find invoice pricing on the CBR 250 was impossible. If anything I didn't know and I need to ask more detail is exactly what the 300 dollar fee the dealer is charging is for
Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 PM   #9

Well I picked her up and brought her home tonight. The people behind me when I first left the dealership probably didn't like me very much as I was only doing 25 in a 45. However as time went on I manage to get up to speed properly. it was a long drive home and started to get dark I was nervous but glad I did it and enjoy the ride but still nervous and embarrassingly enough stalled the bike twice because it was stop and go traffic
The Following User Says Thank You to orlcurt For This Useful Post:
CT Yankee (12-11-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 08:17 PM   #10

i would have paid 3700 OTD

but thats just me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement