First time low side - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #1

Default First time low side

Hi Crew,

It has finally happened. This morning on my way to work I found myself "horse-shoe" around a give way sign.

It was a bad day to begin with, being that we had a storm over night and naturally the next morning there are big white clouds excessively illuminating everything. That coupled with me leaving my sun glasses at work the previous day made for hazardous riding to begin with.
So as I'm cruising into work, about 45 minute commute, I come over the crest of a hill and literally just over the crest some guy in his ute had decided to do a U-turn! Of all places!!
I had what felt like less than a second to respond to the situation, I hung left to attempt to take the footpath whilst on heavy break to avoid the tray of the ute.
Unfortunately the moment the bike was off the road and onto that thin little Dickie patch of grass that divides the road and the footpath it was all over, my bike vanished from under me.

Now I'm in an unsettled state of mind and just need to get this out, cheers for reading.!

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #2

Hope everything is okay!!! it's one of my biggest fears of being a new rider...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #3

Garage

Sounds like it could have been worse. Hopefully you're doing ok, how much damage to the bike? Did the driver stop after you went down?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #4

Sorry you laid your bike down, but it sounds like to me you avoided a collision and walked away from it. Well done on that account.
The Following User Says Thank You to Steve_47 For This Useful Post:
Top (12-15-2012)
Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #5

Sounds like you did a nice job of avoiding collision. Hurting the bike can be replaced . . . You can not.
2011 Honda CBR250R (Fun factor/Commuter/Fuel Saver)
2010 Honda VFR1200DCT - "ICBM"
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Glad to hear you are ok! Unfortunately many a lesson has been taught this way. I'm sure a good many of us have had somewhat scary but relatively painless wake up call like you. I can only hope you learn from the experience and become a stronger rider. These are tough little bikes and I hope yours didn't get too bent out of shape.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:59 AM   #7

Thank you for the support guys!
Other than the inevitable scaring to the right side fender the handle bars have gone askew, hopefully I'll be able to straighten is up tonight, I haven't had a chance to look at it thoroughly yet. On a positive note the exhaust came out unharmed
The driver and passenger both pull over and came running over tell me not to get up, they thought my ribs might have been broken due to the pole that stopped me, it was a mishap and bygons be bygons we took no further action.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRook View Post
it was a mishap and bygons be bygons we took no further action.
You sir, are a better person than I.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:40 AM   #9
SDM

Thanks for sharing sorry to hear your bad news, but it is a good thing to post about so the rest of us can get a wake up call and keep our heads out of the clouds. Glad to hear you ans your 250 will be okay. Thanks again!!!
CORBIN front and pillion seat
Pirelli Diablo tires 150/60/17 rear
110/70/17 front
HID Projector
DFC fuel controller
2 Bros slip on
Lots of Bikers products

In the garage...
2005 Honda CBR1000RR Matte black w/ candy apple red graphics.

http://www.cbr250.net/forum/cbr250-a...od-thread.html
Old 12-12-2012, 08:36 AM   #10

I'm curious what your speed and the speed limit was when you entered the blind spot of the hill. One of biggest concerns is debris/cars/animals suddenly appearing in my path of travel and giving little time to react.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement