Black Puig Windscreen - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-12-2012, 05:55 PM   #1

Default Black Puig Windscreen

Good afternoon (Morning, evening depending on your timezone)

I'm just about to order my Puig Windscreen and was thinking about getting it in black.

Is this dangerous being that it's completely opaque? I have only ever done a full tuck behind the windscreen once and that was just to test the difference (Not much to be honest...well not enough to justify not being able to see in my mirrors anyway)

I particularly like the look of the black one and being that my bike is all black, I quite like the 'stealth' look and will be powder coating the ugly wheels in black too. (Not that I think 'stealth' is the safest option and will be making myself more visible in other ways)

Look forward to responses and appreciate the feedback...as always.

Thanks in advance.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2012, 06:21 PM   #2

I think the black will look great. Plus you probably won't be looking through the windscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Cracker7
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-12-2012, 06:29 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRockers View Post
Is this dangerous being that it's completely opaque? I have only ever done a full tuck behind the windscreen once and that was just to test the difference (Not much to be honest...well not enough to justify not being able to see in my mirrors anyway)
You seem to be answering your own question . As you said, you don't tuck behind the windscreen, so you don't look through it.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:50 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernlights View Post
You seem to be answering your own question . As you said, you don't tuck behind the windscreen, so you don't look through it.
Good point, well made!

Was kinda thinking the may ne a reason I WOULD need to tuck one day and if there was, a more experienced rider would enlighten me to when this might be.

I can only imagine the need to tuck fully would be to shave a second or half off a track time...because, on the freeway, it feels more dangerous than not, being that I can't see in my mirrors.

Thanks for enlightening me...to my ability to answer my question, within my question.
Sent from my Desire HD using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 PM   #5

Garage

Let me know if you en up ordering one. I'd like one too but have heard its a pain to install. Let me know how it goes.
Old 12-12-2012, 09:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndy View Post
Let me know if you en up ordering one. I'd like one too but have heard its a pain to install. Let me know how it goes.
You fancy assisting?

That way you have me to help you when you see how great it looks.

Old 12-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastAndy View Post
Just ordered and will have it at Christmas. (Delivery by 12/19...out of wrapping paper by 11am on 12/25)

Let me know if you want to get together to install it with me. Of course, I will be assisting you with anything you need to...and of course, it'll be easier for us to do yours second time around. (Probably after we've smashed the front end of mine on the floor or something...the hindsight will save yours)

Old 12-13-2012, 03:12 PM   #8
Super Moderator

I just picked one up today and will probably install it tonight if it isn't too cold out. I'll try to get pictures and do up an install thread also.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:49 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jme250RA View Post
I just picked one up today and will probably install it tonight if it isn't too cold out. I'll try to get pictures and do up an install thread also.
Cool...get it done!

Old 12-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #10

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRockers View Post
Just ordered and will have it at Christmas. (Delivery by 12/19...out of wrapping paper by 11am on 12/25)

Let me know if you want to get together to install it with me. Of course, I will be assisting you with anything you need to...and of course, it'll be easier for us to do yours second time around. (Probably after we've smashed the front end of mine on the floor or something...the hindsight will save yours)

Ha. Lets try all of that minus te smashing of yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to FastAndy For This Useful Post:
Yoni Aguilar (12-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement