Pricing Question - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 05:09 AM   #1

Default Pricing Question

Hey guys! So I have been reading on here for a few months or so but this is my first post. I live in the Chicago land area (in a suburb) and one of my local dealers has a new 2011 cbr250r with ABS. With the 2013 models coming out now I would think they would be wanting to get rid of this bike. I was wondering with it being around two years old how much you think is a reasonable out the door price or if it being two years wont really have that much of an impact. Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 05:37 AM   #2

Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,120 Posts

Anywhere between $500-1000 per year depreciation provided its 101% unmarked.

There will be no 2013 build dates Untill at least Feb/march.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:40 AM   #3

Thanked 1,400 Times in 714 Posts

Welcome aboard Matey.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 12-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufitt View Post
Anywhere between $500-1000 per year depreciation provided its 101% unmarked.

There will be no 2013 build dates Untill at least Feb/march.
~~
That seems a bit steep to me, but it really depends on the dealership. Some won't budge on the price because they don't have to, although most will at least a little bit 'cause inventory space is an issue.

If you can get a few hundred off, I'd say that's a still a ******************** good deal. The '11's MSRP was 3999, so if you can get it for 3800 or less, I'd take it. Start at 3500 and see what he'll take.
~~
Old 12-27-2012, 12:52 PM   #5

I would say start around $3500 and fight. But remember, this is a dealer, so they wont cut alot from the price. I was able to grab a '12 new for just 4k OTD.

And what do you mean no build dates for the '13's until feb/march? You can get those right now at some dealers. My local dealer has 3 sitting pretty right now
Old 12-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #6

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibaless View Post
I would say start around $3500 and fight. But remember, this is a dealer, so they wont cut alot from the price. I was able to grab a '12 new for just 4k OTD.

And what do you mean no build dates for the '13's until feb/march? You can get those right now at some dealers. My local dealer has 3 sitting pretty right now
Look at the plate it's 2012
I got the repsol & it's plated 2012.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:36 PM   #7

Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,120 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibaless View Post

Check the build date.

Mine was bought late September 2011... it was built August 2011.
I waited for it special order because I didnt want a March 2011 model that was on the floor.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
Nde

Some South California dealers here, the older 2011-12 with 4-5 miles on them, their sticker price is way high (still). They see them as new. That part I don't fully understand. For a few hundred (like $300) more, I can get myself a new 2013 version (based on MSRP). One thing I do noticed is that the older model, even thou they treated and pricing them like new models, they are negotiable. So if you want the bike, they are willing to knock the price down just to get rid of them. Just don't rush your purchase and yet, don't want too long. This few months is one of the best time to get a motorcycle. Summer pricing, is not ideal. I know since I got mine during peak summer.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 1,360 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nde View Post
Some South California dealers here, the older 2011-12 with 4-5 miles on them, their sticker price is way high (still). They see them as new. That part I don't fully understand. For a few hundred (like $300) more, I can get myself a new 2013 version (based on MSRP). One thing I do noticed is that the older model, even thou they treated and pricing them like new models, they are negotiable...
An unsold 2011 or 2012 motorcycle in a dealers inventory (even with 4 or 5 miles or the odometer) is considered a new bike, and are known as "non-currents" in the industry. As long as it has not been sold to a retail customer, and titled & registered as such, it is a new bike. Some dealers still have unsold 2009 and 2010 bikes in stock. Non-currents will have a full factory warranty as well, just like any other new bike. Needless to say there are some pretty good deals to be had on these non-currents. Those 4 or 5 miles are the result of a test ride which dealers are required to do as part of the Pre-Delivery Inspection. Performing a PDI on each and every new motorcycle they sell is part of the Honda Dealer Agreement, which is a signed document between Honda and each of its dealers.

As far as the 2013 CBR250R goes, your extra $300 is getting you different paint... underneath that it's the same bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement