Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

Why do people sell so quick?

9K views 39 replies 32 participants last post by  Honda1911 
#1 ·
I've been looking around. I bought an '11 with 3,200 miles on it (relatively low). I am noticing that quite a few of these are on the market with 800-1,000 miles. Most of the ads mention "moving up to something bigger". I'm not trying to start a pointless thread but what makes people move up so quickly? I find it hard to believe you gain the experience necessary to pilot a 600 or 1000 supersport in 800-1,000 miles... It just seems as though these CBR's are re-entering the market awfully fast.

#35 ·
I use mine for commuting to/from work, as I don't own a car and haven't got around to actually finishing up on getting my car license (still on my Ls for about 7 years now lol). But with such a useful bike, I honestly don't see the point. I'll be getting my bike Ps soon (was meant to get them about 2 months ago but ended up spending a LOT of money on other things) and then a year from then, hopefully I'll have saved up a bit to offset the cost of a 600. But I'll keep my babyblade, because I probably won't want to sell her. Low registration costs, running costs, and over the last year I've learnt a little bit on how to maintain her - I got my sprockets and chain changed at 17891 km, and the guy at the dealership told me I must have kept the chain in a decent state to have not needed a change earlier.

It's been a wonderful learning experience and until I get married and have kids I'm just another guy out there that loves his motorbike and wouldn't trade it for a cage :D

Reactions: lewiCBR250R
#37 ·
why sell?
Not great for the interstate.
the stigma of owning a "small" bike.
Craigslist makes selling easy.
Some people just want the latest and "greatest" out there. It's the fast-food nation that we live in these days. (I blame Apple... hahaha)

Having said all of that, I'll be riding mine for a long time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.