Honda CBR 250 Forum banner

motorbike insurance companies (AUSTRALIA)

5K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  shisoshin 
#1 ·
hey guys
need some help who do you insure your bike thought..
i insure my car though NRMA was thing of insuring with them or going with someone else..
any help would be great

#6 ·
#9 ·
Keep looking. My first few quotes were all for $1K+ (Swan, GIO, Shannons, Insure My Ride came in at just under). I almost fell off my chair when I saw them. Initially, it was going to cost me more to insure my bike than my car!

Actually, come to think of it, it now costs the same since I re-insured the car with Youi. Though they are worth the same $$ wise now...

#10 ·
Swann Insurance

Quote was around $1200 in my name but i put it in my dads name and now it's only $200

I said he rides it 80% of the time and me 20% to get the price down even though he's only ridden it about twice in 12,000km's lol

#12 ·
Finally sorted the insurance out after doing about 3 or 4 online quotes some being $1200 a year (full insurance)

I tried insure my ride

Swann

And Shannon’s but none of them where under $1000

Last NRMA and i thought here we go $1500+ lol

But after doing the online quote was only $520 for full insurance value of my bike at $6370 (max value instead of $4990 and market) was only like an extra $20 per year.

So i rang them and asked if that was the best price they could give me as i had CTP green slip and insurance on my car.

So the total when down to $491.91/per year or $46/per month.

Considering I’m on my learners male and 25yrs old I’m very happy with the quote.

#13 · (Edited)
Mine was Swann, and it's $300 a year fully comp, agreed value (purchase price) and also covers about $3k in gear to boot (helmet, leathers etc...I roll in about $2.5k of clobber ATGAT). I'm 40 yrs old <1 yr riding, 24 yrs driving. My mate, same details and bike, but he is 39 and it cost him $150 more lol. That 1 yr older makes me soooo much safer than him...chicken strip evidence to the contrary ;-)

#15 ·
Mine was with Insure-my-Ride, renewal came a couple of weeks ago, $330 full comprehensive and $1k worth of gear. Not impressed by the fact that the price went up a little bit over last year so did a couple of other quotes and also did an on-line quote on Insure-my-Ride....$220! AND they ask who your current insurer is (to which I selected Insure My Ride). So just took out a new policy with the same company for the same cover and knocked $100 of the cost....

#16 ·
Thread revival time. My insurance cover with QBE is coming up and I'm tired of paying out my behind because I am a young person. I decided to call around and get some competitive quotes. And presto. Youi quoted me $380 for full comp + $2k in gear and complimentary roadside assist. Thats almost $200 less then QBE. It's still higher then most members here, but being 23 puts me in the 'risky' category i guess.

#17 ·
Swann was $222 per year full comprehensive for cbr250.

The others were all higher, but what I like about swann was fortnightly automatic payments was no more expensive than paying annually.

#21 ·
AAMI $550 full comprehensive on cbr250r paid $5000 less standard excess $400
when stolen.. only problem financial interest registered on rta database by
honda finance [bank of qld] not lifted,, so aami couldnt pay until i contacted
bofq, then aami paid up no problem.. all contract people helpful etc..

their 'aditonal excesses; rider under 25 unlisted [road] $800 [dirt, trail, quad $500]
under 25 listed $400, inexperienced road $800, dirt etc $500]
legal liability $20 million

continued with aami for replacement cbr300ra..
again no problem when old lady drove into me causing various
cosmetic damage [scrapes and bent bits] requiring replacements
[now done] cost thru preferred repairer [collideascope] about $1600
incl pickup and delivery, plus cost of new shark r optigon helmet..
[aami pay up to $2000 for replacement riding gear]

im old and experienced with no claims [until recent theft/crash]
but she must be parked out on the street as zero parking..

im happy with aami based on excellent attitudes of all concerned
in both theft and crash claims.. qbe good for green slip..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.