FS: Clean SoCal CBR250R Red/Silver 2011 w/extras! $3600 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 05:43 PM   #1

Default FS: Clean SoCal CBR250R Red/Silver 2011 w/extras! $3600

Hello fellow riders, welcome, and thank you for viewing my thread.

For sale is my 2011 Red & Silver non abs CBR250R. I'm posting it here first to give my community the first chance at purchasing before I post on craigslist, sales sites, ebay, etc. I'm selling it because I'll be going back to Japan for a few months starting in November, and I'd rather someone use and enjoy it while I use and enjoy the revenue from the sale.

I will try to be as thorough as possible with the history and description of the motorcycle, and will follow the description with with lots of pictures. Please read the entire description and view the pics, and then buy your new bike!

Thanks,
Ikazuchi Kuro

History

The original owner purchased the motorcycle brand new in June 2011 at Fun Bike Center, an authorized Honda dealer/service center here in San Diego California. She rode it for 600 miles, and then took it to Fun Bike Center for its 600 mile oil change and service. She rode it for 500 more miles, during which she laid it down one time on the left side backing down her driveway at less than 3mph. No damage was done, although there are very slight scratches on the edge of the mirror. She then rode it for another 2100 miles and had Fun Bike Center install a Yoshimura exhaust system during that time. In June of 2012 she purchased a CBR600RR and listed the CBR250R for sale. I purchased the bike at this time with 3200 miles on the odometer.

Kuro's Ownership

I primarily used the bike for commuting to school and work. I washed it and checked tire pressures weekly, and performed chain maintenance and lubrication every 500 miles. I recently performed the 2nd oil change at 5500 miles using genuine Honda Full synthetic motorcycle oil and all Honda genuine parts. I've never dropped it, and being a newish rider I've never ridden it hard and have never pushed the bikes limits.

About the Motorcycle

2011 Honda CBR250R Red and Silver color non-abs
Comes with Yoshimura exhaust system installed and a high quality Trackside paddock rear stand.
Garage kept since its manufacture
Never ridden in any weather other than San Diego sunshine
Tires in excellent condition with over 60% tread life left
Brakes in excellent condition with over 60% pad life left
Full service history and meticulously maintained
Low mileage at only 5541 miles
Fully registered through June 2013
Motorcycle is in perfect mechanical and running condition

Pictures!

The sale price is $3600, and includes the rear stand. I have the title in hand. Please PM me with any questions or to view and purchase the motorcycle. The first to pay has first dibs. I accept cash, paypal (purchaser pays paypal fees; my paypal email is djvelocity999@hotmail.com) bank transfer and certified check or cashiers check.

Thank you for viewing my thread, please buy this CBR250R!
Ikazuchi Kuro

Dress for the crash, not the ride.

Owner since July 2012.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 08:27 PM   #2

Currently still for sale. So far this is the only place I have it advertised to give the community first shot, but I'll put it up on craigslist etc, tomorrow. Please PM me if you have any questions or would like view and buy the bike.

Thanks for looking at my thread, please buy my motorcycle!
Ikazuchi Kuro

Owner since July 2012.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:43 PM   #3

I've posted my bike up on a few other sales channels, but I'll still defer to a member of the community if anyone here would like to buy. Please PM me if you have any questions or would like view and buy the bike.

Thanks for looking at my thread, please buy my motorcycle!
Ikazuchi Kuro

Owner since July 2012.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #4

Thanked 1,489 Times in 762 Posts

If I were you, I'd remove the pics of your licence plate and frame numbers. Bike thieves use these to clone stolen bikes, and could cause you no end of problems. That's why you see lots of pics of vehicles on the internet with their licence numbers obscured.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Wynne G Oldman For This Useful Post:
Stichill (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #5

Nice bike, I'm sure it will sell.

What kind of stand is that? Does it directly support the swingarm?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:28 PM   #6

Thank you for your advice Oldman.

HMenke, The stand is the Trackside Paddock stand, and it supports both spooled and swingarm use.

Thank you all for viewing my thread so far, please read the full description, view the pictures, and then buy your new CBR250R!
Kuro

Owner since July 2012.

Last edited by Ikazuchi Kuro; 10-14-2012 at 08:29 PM. Reason: typos...
Old 10-16-2012, 06:43 AM   #7
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne G Oldman View Post
If I were you, I'd remove the pics of your licence plate and frame numbers. Bike thieves use these to clone stolen bikes, and could cause you no end of problems. That's why you see lots of pics of vehicles on the internet with their licence numbers obscured.
but it wouldn't be any different from parking your bike on the street or in a parking bay and someone coming up to the bike and noting down the details

- Black Adjustable Levers
- HRC Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Hotbodies FE Kit
- 16,000km's in 12 months

2011 GSX-R600 Black
Old 10-16-2012, 07:09 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R View Post
but it wouldn't be any different from parking your bike on the street or in a parking bay and someone coming up to the bike and noting down the details
True, but internet equals a LOT more "someones"
The Following User Says Thank You to j4bberwocky For This Useful Post:
lewiCBR250R (10-16-2012)
Old 10-16-2012, 07:26 AM   #9

Thanked 1,489 Times in 762 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R View Post
This is true, apart from you can find 100's of pics online much quicker and easier, right colour bike, year, etc.

Click for mpg >>> http://www.spritmonitor.de/en/detail/489745.html
The Following User Says Thank You to Wynne G Oldman For This Useful Post:
lewiCBR250R (10-16-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 12:37 AM   #10

Thank You everyone for your responses. As of today I no longer have a CBR250R. It went to another newer rider that has taken the MSF and has her M1. I told her about our community, and hopefully she will join. Thank you for all the information and support I was able to gain here. I may lurk occasionally, but for now,

Ikazuchi Kuro,
Signing Off.

Owner since July 2012.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement