Black Ivory Coffee - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 PM   #1

Default Black Ivory Coffee

Another interesting product made in Thailand.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2012, 12:15 AM   #2

Thanked 1,306 Times in 696 Posts
Garage

That's just plain gross. Instead of ordering a cuppa brew....one instead wld order a cuppa poo. Or a cuppa brew-poo! Prob advertised as a pungent odor. Ewww!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #3

There is a coffee shop near me that serves Kopi Luwak. Kopi Luwak is made from coffee berries eaten by rodents and passed through its digestive tract.

Essentially, it's coffee made from rodent droppings. Oh yeah, it's pretty exotic and costs like $70 a cup.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 PM   #4

I've traveled a lot in Europe and a little bit in Asia. One thing I always try to tell myself about unfamiliar food is, "Try it - you might like it!" I've found that most of the time, that idea works out. I've discovered so many great foods that I now absolutely crave when I travel abroad. The only thing I've found that I absolutely can't handle is durian. Now that's some nasty stuff!

So I would try a cup of this special coffee...because you just never know!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stichill For This Useful Post:
RHarrod29 (11-01-2012)
Old 10-31-2012, 02:45 PM   #5

How about fermented still in the egg chick that's considered a delicacy in Vietnam. I have yet to travel to Vietnam, so it's not like I tried it. I think I'll stay away from it, even if I ever end up going there.

Durian, in comparison, is easy. It sure tastes and smells horrible though.

I would have tried Kopi Luwak if it wasn't so expensive. I've been to the coffee shop that serves it couple of times, and thought real hard about buying a cup. However, $70 is pretty dang expensive for a cup of coffee.

In case you're interested, if you ever come down to Southern California, maybe you can stop by the coffee shop and try it. The shop is called Fennel Mill, and is located in Santa Monica, CA.

Last edited by TheoR; 10-31-2012 at 02:49 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheoR For This Useful Post:
anna_rides! (11-07-2012)
Old 11-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #6
NSU

Coffee like this is considered by the cognoscenti to be mediocre dreck at best.

Give me a solid Matalapa or Sidamo.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #7

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMenke View Post
I've traveled a lot in Europe and a little bit in Asia. One thing I always try to tell myself about unfamiliar food is, "Try it - you might like it!" I've found that most of the time, that idea works out. I've discovered so many great foods that I now absolutely crave when I travel abroad. The only thing I've found that I absolutely can't handle is durian. Now that's some nasty stuff!

So I would try a cup of this special coffee...because you just never know!

The real fun starts at about the 3:00 mark. LOL

Bring us back to where they've led
Listen not to what's been said to you
Old 11-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #8

^^ OMG I'm gonna yack!

My durian story:

I was on a Asian tour with a group of university students. While in Singapore, we ate lunches in our hotel cafeteria. The food was generally superb. One day we walked into the cafeteria and I said to myself, "Wow, strong smell of cleaner/fresh floor wax - not too appetizing!" At the end of the food line I grabbed a bowl of "vanilla pudding" for dessert and headed to my table.

The smell at the table seemed - if anything - stronger than anywhere else in the cafeteria. When I finally dug into my "pudding" -I suddenly realized THAT WAS THE STUFF STINKING UP THE ROOM! It tasted FAR WORSE than it SMELLED!

I gamely plowed through it. My punishment didn't end there, though. I had that aftertaste the entire rest of the afternoon. Easily the worst-tasting thing I have ever eaten!
Old 11-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMenke View Post
^^ OMG I'm gonna yack!

My durian story:

I was on a Asian tour with a group of university students. While in Singapore, we ate lunches in our hotel cafeteria. The food was generally superb. One day we walked into the cafeteria and I said to myself, "Wow, strong smell of cleaner/fresh floor wax - not too appetizing!" At the end of the food line I grabbed a bowl of "vanilla pudding" for dessert and headed to my table.

The smell at the table seemed - if anything - stronger than anywhere else in the cafeteria. When I finally dug into my "pudding" -I suddenly realized THAT WAS THE STUFF STINKING UP THE ROOM! It tasted FAR WORSE than it SMELLED!

I gamely plowed through it. My punishment didn't end there, though. I had that aftertaste the entire rest of the afternoon. Easily the worst-tasting thing I have ever eaten!
Good for you for not chickening out of finishing what you have picked up! I licked a little of that fruit and that was it for me. Actually, the smell by itself suppressed any appetite I may have had at the time.

I happened to go to Penang, Malaysia. Beautiful place to visit, with lots of cheap, exotic foods to experiment with.

The most exotic thing I've eaten so far is a blowfish testicle/sac (not kidding) in Japan. I was told what it was AFTER I ate it, but in all earnestly tasted all right.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #10

Yeah, at the end of the day I'm not too hung up on what it is...if it's edible and won't kill me and tastes good: I'm chowing down!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement