Christmas wish list - Page 2 - Honda CBR250R Forum : Honda CBR 250 Forums
» Sponsors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #11
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atakacs View Post
How are frame sliders more expensive than fairings?
I looked online and frame sliders cost approximately $160 from what i've seen

To replace the fairings on one side completely it will cost approximately $90 and that's if you wreck every fairing piece there is. So if you destroy every fairing on the left and right side of the bike the cost will be very close to that of the cost of frame sliders but if you drop the bike or crash the bike so that both sides of the bike are completely damaged you shouldn't be riding.

What i'm trying to say is that when my bike dropped when i thought it was on it's side stand and hopped off and the bike fell over, i will need to replace the 2 silver side pieces on my 2012 red/silver cbr. It will cost close to $25 but if i bought sliders the sliders would be damaged and if i go to sell the bike people will know it would have been dropped, and if i take the sliders off then i have wasted $160, but instead i can pay $25 for new fairings an no one would know the bike was dropped

also with sliders you can risk frame damage, and the bike can flip if it mounts the kerb etc. read online there are stories of the sliders doing unexpected things like that and also sliders look ugly imo

- Black Adjustable Levers
- HRC Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Hotbodies FE Kit
- 16,000km's in 12 months

2011 GSX-R600 Black
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 07:07 AM   #12

Garage

Idlike a cbr600rr repsol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 11-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #13
Super Moderator

Thanked 3,113 Times in 1,575 Posts

Stocking stuffer:

Permatex 80078 Anti-Seize Lubricant with Brush Top Bottle, 8 oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive Permatex 80078 Anti-Seize Lubricant with Brush Top Bottle, 8 oz. : Amazon.com : Automotive

AutoZone carries it for about the same price.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewiCBR250R View Post
I looked online and frame sliders cost approximately $160 from what i've seen

To replace the fairings on one side completely it will cost approximately $90 and that's if you wreck every fairing piece there is. So if you destroy every fairing on the left and right side of the bike the cost will be very close to that of the cost of frame sliders but if you drop the bike or crash the bike so that both sides of the bike are completely damaged you shouldn't be riding.

What i'm trying to say is that when my bike dropped when i thought it was on it's side stand and hopped off and the bike fell over, i will need to replace the 2 silver side pieces on my 2012 red/silver cbr. It will cost close to $25 but if i bought sliders the sliders would be damaged and if i go to sell the bike people will know it would have been dropped, and if i take the sliders off then i have wasted $160, but instead i can pay $25 for new fairings an no one would know the bike was dropped

also with sliders you can risk frame damage, and the bike can flip if it mounts the kerb etc. read online there are stories of the sliders doing unexpected things like that and also sliders look ugly imo
Are you including the costs of paint and labor? Unless you're a trained professional and plan on doing it yourself, it's not cheap. I have neither the time nor the experience to get paint to match and do the job myself.

Riding gear: Icon Contra Mil-Spec Hi-Viz & HJC CL-16 helmet

Planned: Demon/Angel Eye 50-55W HID projector.

My MPG via fuelly:
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/154828.png
Old 11-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #15
Super Moderator

Quote:
Are you including the costs of paint and labor? Unless you're a trained professional and plan on doing it yourself, it's not cheap. I have neither the time nor the experience to get paint to match and do the job myself.
OEM Honda body parts are supplied painted, and with decals... ready to bolt on.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
lewiCBR250R (11-28-2012)
Old 11-28-2012, 06:10 PM   #16

My list (none of which I will be getting due to the new TV in front of me):
HID headlight, installed (no way would I have the patience to get it set up right!)
saddlebags
New exhaust - I haven't done the research, so I can't say which would best meet my needs
Winter coat
heated gloves
and yes, my own personal track would be great
Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #17
Super Moderator

Quote:
like MotoMike said they come with the paint and are ready to put on. You don't need a professional either, you simply pull the fairing off and put the new one on - for my 2 pieces it should take about 5-10 minutes to do

So yes it is very cheap and easy to do

New Honda Genuine Parts - Tyga Performance

- Black Adjustable Levers
- HRC Carbon Fibre Tank Pad
- Hotbodies FE Kit
- 16,000km's in 12 months

2011 GSX-R600 Black
Old 11-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #18

Garage

But you only need to replace the pucks on the end of the frame sliders if they are damaged, not the whole assembly. And probably only one.

Sent from my DROID4 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 11-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #19

Why do people go streetfighter? (before it was cool?). Because plastic is expensive.

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

Riding gear: Icon Contra Mil-Spec Hi-Viz & HJC CL-16 helmet

Planned: Demon/Angel Eye 50-55W HID projector.

My MPG via fuelly:
http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/154828.png
Old 11-28-2012, 09:06 PM   #20
Super Moderator

Quote:
Why do people go streetfighter? (before it was cool?). Because plastic is expensive.
OEM Plastic is very expensive on 600 SuperSports, and Liter bikes... not so much on the CBR250R.
The Following User Says Thank You to MotoMike For This Useful Post:
lewiCBR250R (11-28-2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement